Spying and Extracting SAP Table / List to BP

sina.hassani

Hi all,

Just going to copy what another person wrote in a comment section, as i have the same exact problem:

Objective: To spy and get/extract SAP table/list data in a Blue Prism collection.

Problem : Need to extract a SAP table for a process, as details in the table needs to be iterated before making decisions. Am able to Spy SAP table with the SAP Spy mode (which is correctly configured), but when using Read stage and "Get All Items" Blue Prism works through the table (scrolling downwards) but when reaching the bottom, it outputs nothing to the collection - it is still empty.

Step 1. The below is SAP table.

View attachment 1549619423265.png

Step 2. Spying the table with SAP mode.

View attachment 1549619423301.png

Other spying modes does not work. The ID element i get is not unique for each Table Cell, as soon as i scroll down the new elements visible just inherits the old elements ID, so i am unable to create a secure loop to loop through the table. Besides, that could take hours if it is a list with thousands of lines.

So, does anybody know how to extract a SAP table to a Blue Prism collection in a secure and fast way?

It's the same with read action. It only saves the 'already visible' field of table... so
I always download tables as excel and extract to coll from there.

sina.hassani

It's the same with read action. It only saves the 'already visible' field of table... so
I always download tables as excel and extract to coll from there.
Hi, democko_kamil!

Thank you for the input. I have never developed or used SAP before, so not sure if there is a hotkey or special way to download tables as Excel, or if you use a Blue Prism action? Could you please elaborate

Well it depends on a transaction or maybe even a sap version.
What i use is click right on a table and then click calculate, write name and save.

Try it out, if that would work in your sap. If not you might find save as xlsx in context menu uptop in sap

sina.hassani

Well it depends on a transaction or maybe even a sap version.
What i use is click right on a table and then click calculate, write name and save.

Try it out, if that would work in your sap. If not you might find save as xlsx in context menu uptop in sap
Ah, i see. It does not look like it will work for me. I neither have the option to save as xlsx or any option to right click and calculate.

I talked with Blue Prism that told me some tables in SAP are not actual tables, so that is the reason they are hard to get.