Wait Stage Doccument Loaded.

Hi , I have a process where I click on a link button then a new IE window containing a IE frame opens up. This is the PDF document There were Save and other buttons which appear on Mouse hover. I was unable to Spy them using HTML Mode.
(1. The Question is if I have declared in application model that my application is a web based application and the root node of the application is a Web URL ...wouldn't I be able to add a new Element in the Application Modeler for spying a Windows control like "save as" windows explorer Element with in the same App Mdlr )
( 2. Can we use all windows HTML and other spying modes or can we not have different element with differnet spyed types one in HTMl one in Win32 so on in a single Application Modeler.)
My application uses HTML spying and when the Save as window opens this is a windows based control I am unable to add that in my tree , I was able to spy using win 32 mode but when I added in the tree which has the root node as web app then this is not working .

Also , when I click on a link button and a new IE window opens which has a IFRAME PDF in it I could not spy the save button which is On Hover Only control. I found a work around for this by sending global send keys CTRl P and then save as window appears I did so...but the pain point is . When I open the I frame doc some documents open up immediately and some documents are so slow to Load and this loading is necessary and is different for each I frame doc . I have to send the CTRL P after the document gets loaded fully only then the CTRL P works other wise attach fails for save as window.

Is there any way to identify if the PDf has loaded . I tried the document loaded condition in the wait Stage. Didn't Work .
Appreciate your Support Always !

Thanks
Shabaz.

View attachment 1532943368098.png
This Is the link I click .

A pdf window Opens up
View attachment 1532943393109.png

This is the save button I am unable to spy.
So I did a CTRL P
I got the save as window .
But before sending a CTRL P the document is to loaded and this time is not fixed .
Can I Spy the Save button ?
Or can I catch the Window when its loaded ? How ?

View attachment 1532943420051.png
View attachment 1532943430170.png

VJR

Hi SyedShabaz03,

If the existing Application Modeller allows you to spy and even make use of the elements in the diagram then you should be fine but it has to be tried out as the application modeller behaves differently for different types of applications.

Yes you can very well have different types of elements spyed using different modes. The naming conventions for ease of understanding while using it is to have a suffix based on the spy mode used. eg; Textbox1_Win32, Label1_HTML, Button1_AA.

Ctrl P on a PDF is to print its contents, either print to PDF or print to a printer, depending on what is set in the Print settings dropdown.
This will definitely take time to render and load the document making it ready to print based on the number of pages and what is used in the document (images/text, etc.)
You can also use the Ctrl S to bring up the Save As dialog box if that is what you are trying for.
And then when the SaveAs box shows up you can use Sendkeys (if that is working reliably for what you are trying to do) OR see if you are able to spy the Save As window with the existing Modeller OR you might have to design another object with a new Application Modeller just for the SaveAs window with all the spyed elements of the window and then Attach using various parameters like Window Title etc. (Save As in this case).

Hey

You can spy the button in region mode as an image (Location method - image, position - anywhere), so you can check if it exists in wait stage.

View attachment 1498

Alex
Hey

You can spy the button in region mode as an image (Location method - image, position - anywhere), so you can check if it exists in wait stage.

View attachment 1498

Alex

Yes, but this save option becomes visible only on Mouse hover . And I can send a Global mouse key click on the page where the "Save btn" appears and then check if this exists! But I am looking for another way other the region mode.

Thanks and I will try once with the Surface Automation region mode.

Also I have defined this web application as a web based ones , Will I be able to Spy most of the Elements as HTML and few as Regions ?

Hi SyedShabaz03,

If the existing Application Modeller allows you to spy and even make use of the elements in the diagram then you should be fine but it has to be tried out as the application modeller behaves differently for different types of applications.

Yes you can very well have different types of elements spyed using different modes. The naming conventions for ease of understanding while using it is to have a suffix based on the spy mode used. eg; Textbox1_Win32, Label1_HTML, Button1_AA.

Ctrl P on a PDF is to print its contents, either print to PDF or print to a printer, depending on what is set in the Print settings dropdown.
This will definitely take time to render and load the document making it ready to print based on the number of pages and what is used in the document (images/text, etc.)
You can also use the Ctrl S to bring up the Save As dialog box if that is what you are trying for.
And then when the SaveAs box shows up you can use Sendkeys (if that is working reliably for what you are trying to do) OR see if you are able to spy the Save As window with the existing Modeller OR you might have to design another object with a new Application Modeller just for the SaveAs window with all the spyed elements of the window and then Attach using various parameters like Window Title etc. (Save As in this case).

Yes, I did the same.

when a Iframe PDF opened I sent a Global send key CTRL P. then Save As Dailog comes . I Spyied that "Save as" Window with Title as "Save print Output as "in another BO called Save as BO. (why can I not spy this in the same BO and use it ?). Also this way however the process is running but the time taken for the PDF to load is not fix. it varies and only after pdf is completely opened then only I have to send the CTRl P and sending it before is failure . how can I check if the IFrame Pdf Is completely loaded or not. To try I spied the Iframe Pdf content which is being spied in the HTMl mode and added a Wait stage this time the wait stage condition shows few extra conditions like "Doccument loaded " and its a flag! I tried using the wait stage to make it implicitly wait the process to see if the doccument is loaded then only send the CTRL P else wait for a while .

Looking for the wait stage document loaded more ?

Thanks for your reply VJR !

VJR

Hi SyedShabaz03

why can I not spy this in the same BO and use it ?
Because that is how Blue Prim presents it based on the settings in the Application Modeller.

I sent a Global send key CTRL P. then Save As Dailog comes . I Spyied that "Save as" Window with Title as "Save print Output as "
I have already provided you the reason for the delay in loading the document could be due to the rendering of all the pages and making it ready for printing and hence the dialog box title is "Save Print Output" whereas during Ctrl S the window title is "Save As" which is a file Save. Not sure why are you not attempting to use Ctrl S which is Save and not Print. Even for save a little bit of wait time is necessary but not as much as print.

Hello,

I attempted with "CTRL S" it is not Working there is no shortcut of saving the file. it can be only saved usng the save button which appears only on hover . Ok Can any one help me with How to send a hover on the screen(IFrame Pdf).

Thanks

VJR

Hello,

I attempted with "CTRL S" it is not Working there is no shortcut of saving the file. it can be only saved usng the save button which appears only on hover . Ok Can any one help me with How to send a hover on the screen(IFrame Pdf).

Thanks
Hi SyedShabaz03,

I see what you are saying. The Ctrl S that worked on my pdf was a different scenario than what you have explained and hence brought up the Save As window.
Can you try this and let me know your findings.

- Click anywhere inside the pdf or anywhere inside the iframe (Important)
- Press Ctrl + Shift + S (Press these keys manually and not through Blue Prism)
Post back with your findings.

Hi SyedShabaz03,

I see what you are saying. The Ctrl S that worked on my pdf was a different scenario than what you have explained and hence brought up the Save As window.
Can you try this and let me know your findings.

- Click anywhere inside the pdf or anywhere inside the iframe (Important)
- Press Ctrl + Shift + S (Press these keys manually and not through Blue Prism)
Post back with your findings.

Thanks VJR ! I achieved it using CTRL P also CTRL SHIFT S also working as suggested.