Validate the rows in collection

sainath769

I has a table ,in the table there will be line items like payments and bills ,now I need to check is both payment & bill is present or not ,if anyone is missing through a execption.

I have spyed the table and taken into collection.after that no idea how to do

vaibhavmane

Hi Sainath,

There is an loop stage in blue prism. you use loop stage for collection and check each an every row in that table.

I has a table ,in the table there will be line items like payments and bills ,now I need to check is both payment & bill is present or not ,if anyone is missing through a execption.

I have spyed the table and taken into collection.after that no idea how to do

Hi @sainath769 ,

I believe you are trying to check if the column/field "payments" and "bills" are present in your collection or not.
If that is the case, then use a block, inside the block use a loop, then a calculate stage. Within the calculate, type your Collection Name.Column Name and try to save it to any data item. Then put a recover within the block. If the column you are searching is present then it will not throw any exception but if the field is missing then your code can be resumed after using the resume stage after the recover.

If you are trying to search the "payments" and "bills" keyword in the rows, the you can use the "Filter" object of the "Utility-Collection Manipulation" VBO. Or use a loop stage and put a decision within the loop. Then use the code " Collection name.column name= "payments" or "bills". If the keyword match, it'll result as true. If the keyword contails something else like "Payments123" or "Bills abc", then try using the "instr"" function.

Let me know if this helps.