Problem with combobox

Daenerys

I'm automating a browser-based application With BP where I've came accross with a problem I have not been able to solve. There is div containing a combobox. When a combobox value is chosen, it empties the values in another container div where a button appears which the robot is supposed to click next (see image capture2). However, when the robot chooses the combobox value, the container of the other div does not change like it is supposed to happen and the run fails as the robot cannot find the button (see image capture1). I have tried a lot of different alternatives for this; using combobox, page refresh, regions, global mouse clicks.. Nothing works. Any ideas for a
workaround for this?

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 64
Hi @Daenerys
The issue that you are stating seems an application specific issue. To verify this, did you notice that the search button disappears when you use the combo box manually. So check if is working fine or not while you are working manually.

Daenerys

Hi @Daenerys
The issue that you are stating seems an application specific issue. To verify this, did you notice that the search button disappears when you use the combo box manually. So check if is working fine or not while you are working manually.
Hi! It does work ok when working manually. This problem happens only while using BP.

Hi! It does work ok when working manually. This problem happens only while using BP.

In that case, did you try to use the combo box using the send keys after focusing on the combo box? It actually works like if you are manually operating with the application. So sometimes this helps a lot. Or select the value in the combo box first and then fill the textboxes. I hope that helps.

anisjolly

Administrator
Probably a silly question but you are using Focus and Activate Application in order to trigger certain responses from the application / fields etc? Focus usually is the one that you would need to use, as you would focus a field.

Daenerys

Probably a silly question but you are using Focus and Activate Application in order to trigger certain responses from the application / fields etc? Focus usually is the one that you would need to use, as you would focus a field.
Yes, I have. When I run that step by step, it's working, but then when running through process, the combobox does work, but the other div doesn't (as in image capture1.jpg) and Exception is faced.

anisjolly

Administrator
So it works when running through slowly (manual 'Step through') but not when it's running on it's own? This should narrow it down to do with timings and triggers. I have seen this behaviour in the past, I would double up your Focus actions if needed or even using Global Mouse Click Centre (twice) per element and see if that makes a difference.

It sounds like when you click within the fields naturally, the natural behaviour of focus, click and enter maybe requesting extra attention which we do not see. Worth a try.