Password not being recognised when typed by bot

MolToward

I'm currently trying to develop on a new platform that requires username and email credentials. When the bot types in the password it is not recognised, however when I copy and paste the info from the data item into the password field it accepts it. I've tried storing the password as both a text and password data item to no prevail. I've never had this problem before on other platforms, any suggestions?

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

Try sending the password with Global Send Keys or Events(Navigate stage) instead of write stage.

Good Luck !

LeoLugo

Hi Sukesh,

I tried that first time but with no luck!

Thanks,
Molly
By any chance did you Activate Application before using Global Send Keys? This is done to make sure the keys are being sent to the correct application. If this doesn't work can you tell us exactly what happens when you use Global Send Keys?

MolToward

By any chance did you Activate Application before using Global Send Keys? This is done to make sure the keys are being sent to the correct application. If this doesn't work can you tell us exactly what happens when you use Global Send Keys?
Hi Leo its all sorted now, I was using Global Send Keys Event and changed it to Global Send Keys.