Open Workbook (excel) not working - Exception

Lurey

Hello Everyone,

While doing a Consolidated Excercise from Blue Prism Foundation Training I've came across a problem.

"Open Workbook" is not working for me and it gives back a following exception "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.".

I've spend over 15 hours trying to solve that issue while watching youtube videos, reading forums etc. but nothing fixes the problem.

Like some people suggested here I've changed the language in Excel to default (english) but no luck with that move too.

I've also tried it on other excel files with no luck

Does anyone know what seems to be the problem? (Some screens attached)

Attachments

• Blue 1.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Blue 2.PNG
    47 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

mohan12

create instance - > show - > open workbook - > get work sheet as collection ( wrong u have done )

create instance - > open workbook - > show - > get work sheet as collection ( right way) try this way u will get idea

Lurey

create instance - > show - > open workbook - > get work sheet as collection ( wrong u have done )

create instance - > open workbook - > show - > get work sheet as collection ( right way) try this way u will get idea

Hey, thank you for helping!

After changing the sequence of actions the error still occurs :(

Attachments

• Blue 3.PNG
    36.3 KB · Views: 56

VJR

Hi Lurey,

Have you tried these few things-
- Open the same file on someone else's machine and see if the error occurs.
- Open another file on your same machine and check what happens.

There have been a few posts on the forum with this error without any solution found yet and can only be resolved by someone who is already getting the error. All I can suggest you is to do more web search on "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". This message is not limited only to Excel for eg; some postings say that it has fixed the issue for some by repairing the .net framework. So after doing some research you might get some hints and tips in the right direction.

It’s very irritating when Excel stops working. Try the below-given methods it will surely help you to solve your issue as it did mine.

Try opening Excel in safe mode and disable add-ins
1. Press t Windows+ R key, type Excel /safe and hit Enter.
2. Go to File>Options > Add-in, and select COM add-ins.
3. Clear the check box if there is an add-in.

Try MS Office Application Recovery
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office Tools > MS Office Application Recovery.
2. Choose the document that is not responding.
3. Click on the option "Recover Application" to recover it back.
This will not only help you in solving the Excel issue but also recover your lost data.

Try Changing Default printer
This is a simple and efficient solution. When Excel is started, it examines the default printer that displays the Excel workbook. Excel is printer-intensive. Therefore, it will run even slower or crashed when Excel files are saved in Page Break Preview view.
For fixing it, you can change the default printer.
Click on Control Panel > Printer and Devices > Right click Microsoft XPS Document Writer to set it to the default printer.
Now, re-open your Excel document, and the error may have been resolved.

Even if after trying the above-stated methods your problem isn't solved then try this: https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/...njrgbhzsiym/stuv/p1/download-excel-repair.php