OLEDB Business Object connection for DB2 database

ebueno

Hi there... Anyone has experience using OLEDB connection for DB2 database?. I've created a process which use standard "Data - OLEDB" Business Objects sending the Connection String ... "Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=mydatabase;Hostname=myhostname;Protocol=TCPIP;Port=3205;Uid=myuserid;Pwd=mypassword;" (right names have been replaced) but it seems something is not working properly, bacause I received the following message .... "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unspecified error".
I've also installed IBM Data Server Client and IBM Data Server Driver Package on my PC where BluePrism version 5 is installed. Any clue about how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

VJR

Hi ebueno,

Although you have taken care of replacing everything correctly in the connection string, can you take a look at the Oledb connection strings for DB2 at the below link. They look slightly different than what you have posted above.

https://www.connectionstrings.com/ibm-db2/

Maybe everything is correct but worth rechecking again per the syntax and parameters given in the link.

ebueno

Hi ebueno,

Although you have taken care of replacing everything correctly in the connection string, can you take a look at the Oledb connection strings for DB2 at the below link. They look slightly different than what you have posted above.

https://www.connectionstrings.com/ibm-db2/

Maybe everything is correct but worth rechecking again per the syntax and parameters given in the link.

Thanks a lot VJ for your reply. I've double checked string content and was OK. I've solved the problem un-installing DB2 version 10 and installing DB2 Connect version 9.7. Don't ask me why ... but now the connection to the database works fine. So I can consider closed the topic. Thanks again.

Reactions: VJR

VJR

Okay, great. The port number I saw was 50000 in the above link as well as in other places over the web for connections to DB2. Hope you tried modifying that before reinstalling. Good to know that your issue now stands resolved.

ebueno

Okay, great. The port number I saw was 50000 in the above link as well as in other places over the web for connections to DB2. Hope you tried modifying that before reinstalling. Good to know that your issue now stands resolved.
Yes, port number used was one agreed with the host server where database was located. Thanks again for your awareness.

Reactions: VJR

BenB0B0

Hi there... Anyone has experience using OLEDB connection for DB2 database?. I've created a process which use standard "Data - OLEDB" Business Objects sending the Connection String ... "Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=mydatabase;Hostname=myhostname;Protocol=TCPIP;Port=3205;Uid=myuserid;Pwd=mypassword;" (right names have been replaced) but it seems something is not working properly, bacause I received the following message .... "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unspecified error".
I've also installed IBM Data Server Client and IBM Data Server Driver Package on my PC where BluePrism version 5 is installed. Any clue about how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.
Hi ebueno,

Can you explain how you set up IBM Data Server Client and IBM Data Server Driver Package. I'm having issues where it's telling me the provider isn't on my local machine.

Thanks in advance

ebueno

Hi ebueno,

Can you explain how you set up IBM Data Server Client and IBM Data Server Driver Package. I'm having issues where it's telling me the provider isn't on my local machine.

Thanks in advance
Hi BenB0B0

Although I'm not an expert, what I've learned is that DB2 server version and DB2 client version should be the right ones. In my case, I've installed IBM DB2 Connect version 9.7 (Data Server Driver) at the client side. You can check what version you have installed typing "Db2level" command in a CMD.exe session. Hope this helpful.
Emilio

bharath1989

Hi Ebueno,

Did you make changes to DATA - OLEDB Business object to get the required connection string to connect to DB2 database? "Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=mydatabase;Hostname=myhostname;Protocol=TCPIP;Port=3205;Uid=myuserid;Pwd=mypassword;" (in-order to get this value)?