Solved Kill “~$” file temporary

andrea93

hello I'm doing a process that opens an Excel file from where it takes data. it happens that sometimes, I get an error at the opening because there is a temporary file "~ $" how can I manage it?

VJR

Hi andrea93,

Whenever a new file is started a temporary file is created. The temporary file most of the time appears when there is an issue with a previously saved version of the file. Power failure, system crash or a human failure causes that file to be present. You might have noticed sometimes when you open Excel it asks which copy needs to be Recovered.

Are you making sure the Excel instance, either opened through BP or otherwise, is properly handled/closed.
See to it that you are not abruptly ending any Excel instance without properly running till the end ofthe process although it sometimes does get closed when clicked on the Reset button but it is preferable not to run the process halfway that opens Excel instances.

VJR

Hi andrea93,

The explanation that I supplied you above is to not allow the generation of that temp file in first place.
If everything for the excel is handled well right from start to end then this temp file does not remain there. The file also occurs due to Excel's AutoSave and AutoRecovery options.

If you are looking for an action to delete a file then it is present in the Utility - File Management VBO.