Internal error using "Write Collection" to excel with images in cells

ebueno

Hi there

I'm trying to save a collection which contains text and image fields in an excel file using MS Excel VBO ("Write Collection" action) but unfortunately I'm receiving the following internal error ... "ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))".

I'm afraid it's due to images fields. Can anyone help me to understand why this happen?

Below you can find Code Stage and the collection setup. Any help would be more than welcome. Thanks

View attachment 1540551647169.png
View attachment 1540551833363.png

VJR

Hi ebueno,

I just checked writing a collection with a combination of text and images into excel and you are right about the error.
It is also true that the issue is occurring due to the images as I found that the text from the collection were written correctly to Excel and at the time when the image was about to be written to the Excel, it failed and showed the same error as yours. This could probably be a bug in BP or something that may have been corrected in the newer versions. But it looks like for now that you might have to raise a request and get in touch with the BP support for any fix.

In the meanwhile until you find a solution probably you can think of writing everything else other than the images to the Excel and then separately through some custom coding write the images either directly or from a path to the sheet.

ebueno

Thanks a lot VJ for your time and support. Definitely I've to contact with my technical colleagues in order to check if in V6 this error does not appear. In the meantime, I will follow your suggestion to store images in separate .JPG files or something similar. Thanks again.

VJR

store images in separate .JPG files or something similar
Alright, if you plan to do this there are posts in the forum that will help you achieve this.
For eg; In post #2 here, the code converts an image from an Image data item into a physical file on the disk.
Then you can use the instructions from post #7 here to insert that physical file onto the desired cell in Excel as you read through the collection.
You can choose to either delete or keep the physical file later.

ebueno

Alright, if you plan to do this there are posts in the forum that will help you achieve this.
For eg; In post #2 here, the code converts an image from an Image data item into a physical file on the disk.
Then you can use the instructions from post #7 here to insert that physical file onto the desired cell in Excel as you read through the collection.
You can choose to either delete or keep the physical file later.

Thanks a lot VJ, I've tried your post#2 solution and works fine. I will follow with post 7#. Thanks

Reactions: VJR