How to open MS Access using blue prism

waziaks

Hi Champs,

Is there any way to open any particular MS access database using blue prism? I've tried to find but couldn't find any.

Thanks

waziaks

Thanks for the above reply I am able to connect the database and got the data into collection.

Is there any way to click on macro button in MS access (screenshot attached).
Also, I wanted to know is there any way to open MS access database like we do in excel using "show" command in MS excel vbo?

Attachments

• access.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 258

waziaks

Thanks that worked for me. Now, what if I need to run more than one macro from same database? I've tried to apply multiple action items. But it's starting msaccess.exe multiple times and is it possible to apply dynamic wait between Macro1 and Macro2?

Please reply thanks in advanced

Last edited:

sivagelli

Now, what if I need to run more than one macro from same database? I've tried to apply multiple action items. But it's starting msaccess.exe multiple times
For this, you may try creating a macro which calls other macros. This way, you will end up launching once and executing macros sequentially.

I do not have an answer for the other question. However, it is worth checking timers in vba or c#.

VJR

Thanks that worked for me. Now, what if I need to run more than one macro from same database? I've tried to apply multiple action items. But it's starting msaccess.exe multiple times and is it possible to apply dynamic wait between Macro1 and Macro2?

Please reply thanks in advanced
Just like the process is started it can be closed using Kill Process after every run so that a window is opened only once.
For the Dynamic Wait time refer the 'Wait for Process' or 'Run Process Until Ended' actions and see if it suits your scenario.
If not then you will need to design the macro application or the Blue Prism process or both in such a way that the Macro1 tells that it is over and now its time for Macro2 to start.

udaychkumar

Hi waziaks,

You can run an Access macro via a simple command line as follows.

View attachment 2651

This runs the macro as well as opens up the database.
View attachment 2652

Whether you are running the macro via Blue Prism or not the macros need to to be enabled in the Security options.
Hi VJR,

When I tried running the Macro using your command line I always get a message as the wrong parameter.

Can you please let me know if there is any change in Access 2016 that it is not recognizing the parameter.

Thanks,
Uday

jrprajapati

Hi All,

I am trying to get data from MS Access using OLEDB but getting one error as below.
Can you please guide ms on what can be the issue?
error msg: "local host not available"