Error during the spying operation

bfb1892

Hey all,

The message below keeps popping up everytime I try to spy elements from a single window:

"System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.cls.AMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo&elementType.List`1&identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.Handle.SpyOrLaunch Click (Object sender.EventArgs e)"

Its a delphi report builder window.

What do you guys think it might be?

Thank you.

Last edited:

VJR

Hi ginikadavan,

This error usually occurs when the Application Manager mode is not correctly set in the Application Modeller for the type of application you are using.
eg; if you are using a 64 bit system, then select 64 bit in the Application Manager mode
Also check the other options in the wizard.

VJR

Hi ttnnkkrr,

I will use the above instructions itself to explain since it contains exactly the keywords to be easily understood by a layman user in Blue Prism.

- The original question in the the post is "Error during Spying operation".
Spying is the most basic and common technique used in Blue Prism without which you won't be able to read/write/access other applications. So if a person is into Blue Prism then s/he needs to know spying very well. If not then it is time to take a foundation course in Blue Prism or at least learn from any of the video tutorials.
After learning other aspects and features of Blue Prism, below is a direct link where spying can be understood -
Creating VBO for windows applications
In the upcoming videos of the above tutorial it also takes through spying in Web applications.
Also, the video tutorial has all that I have explained below.

- "This error usually occurs when the Application Manager mode is not correctly set in the Application Modeller for the type of application you are using. eg; if you are using a 64 bit system, then select 64 bit in the Application Manager mode"
Anyone with even a basic knowledge on spying would recognize what the about highlighted keywords are since they are exactly written as shown on the Blue Prism screens.

Application Modeller :
Spying of any application begins on clicking the below button only available in the Object Studio.

1525976655409.png

1525976738087.png

Application Manager mode:
1525976868541.png

- If using a 64 bit system,
Applications generally come in 32 bit or 64 bit. For example; If you are spying Outlook application. You need to know or at least find out the bit version of Outlook. If unaware there are several links of the web that will tell how to identify. - https://www.lifewire.com/32-bit-or-64-bit-outlook-1173648

- then select 64 bit
The selection option is shown in the dropdown of the above screenshot.

- Also check the other options in the wizard
The wizard is the 'Application Wizard' button shown at the right hand in the 2nd screenshot.
Clicking that will take the user to the same screens of the wizard that were navigated when clicked on the 'Application Modeller' button shown in the first screenshot. Here the user would come across various options which needs to be re-checked in order to resolve the spying issue.

Hey all,

The message below keeps popping up everytime I try to spy elements from a single window:

"System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.cls.AMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo&elementType.List`1&identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.Handle.SpyOrLaunch Click (Object sender.EventArgs e)"

Its a delphi report builder window.

What do you guys think it might be?

Thank you.
Even I am facing same error? have you find any solution . Please share here. Thank you!