Email Message extracted as HTML script - want it as text

parashk

Hello,

I am using email automation in AA and would to extract an HTML email as a text. The email contains tables and when extracted it shows the HTML script rather than the actual message. Would like to have that table extracted in text or some way to get that email converted to text?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Paras

VJR

when extracted it shows the HTML script rather than the actual message.
Hi parashk,

There are several vbscripts and javascripts that you may find after doing a web search which strips off the html tags from a text and then leaves back the remaining text. But in your case as you mention you've got tables so you might want to run the html against the script and see how you get the output as. The vbs file can be called from AA and the output saved into a variable. But furthermore you will need to identify if you have a pattern to split the text as desired or explore any other options like putting to Excel etc.

The approach I am trying to suggest you is as below where the vbs script file that has the table tag is called from the command line as an example and the output that is returned after stripping off the table tags is as shown in the message box.

Be noted that this regular expression would not work in case you have '<' or '>' in your data itself. For that you will need to search for another regex.
View attachment 1535004370923.png

venkat basa

Hello,

I am using email automation in AA and would to extract an HTML email as a text. The email contains tables and when extracted it shows the HTML script rather than the actual message. Would like to have that table extracted in text or some way to get that email converted to text?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Paras

venkat basa

Hi
Extracted html script,open the note pad and paste the html script and save it as .html file and open in browser and use short cut key as select all and copy and paste,now u will be get pure TXT format

thanks,
venkat