Dynamic Wait stages in Region Mode / Surface Automation

UNR

Hi Team,

Recently i faced a situation while automating a web Application, where it's not compatible for IE, so the client suggested to use google Chrome.

No Spy Modes were able to interact with the application, so we went for Region Mode completely, It's really terrifying.

While trying to Run the Process flow, its taking too much time (Wait time is Static because the application is slow).
Note: the Screen changes once an action is performed on the Element.

Now Wanted to minimize the Run time by Putting dynamic waits (conditional Waits). but it asks for attribute name as an Input.
What attributes needs to be passed ?

If Anyone worked with Wait Stages in Region Mode (Other then Check Exists).

Thanks in advance

VJR

Sorry, I did not answer your original question about dynamic wait, but thought before trying region mode you could try to see if using Chrome more effectively in a different way works in your situation.

UNR

Sorry, I did not answer your original question about dynamic wait, but thought before trying region mode you could try to see if using Chrome more effectively in a different way works in your situation.

Sure I will Go through the link above,
If you have any idea regarding passing the Dynamic wait conditions while using region mode would be more helpful in this scenario.

VJR

Hi UNR,

It is hard to tell without seeing the webpage and it elements regarding what changes occur in the application and what can be used for the dynamic wait. What is exactly done prior to the Wait stage?

See if you are able to make use of any of the below actions in the dropdown for this element or for any other.
View attachment 1530860617677.png

Also go one level up in the Application Explorer on the left pane and see using the corresponding actions for it.
View attachment 1530860962748.png

UNR

Hi UNR,

It is hard to tell without seeing the webpage and it elements regarding what changes occur in the application and what can be used for the dynamic wait. What is exactly done prior to the Wait stage?

See if you are able to make use of any of the below actions in the dropdown for this element or for any other.
View attachment 1309

Also go one level up in the Application Explorer on the left pane and see using the corresponding actions for it.
View attachment 1310

To Perform Action on every element, in Page1 i spied the region and divided into different element and by activating the application called the desired element on the main region to perform certain actions like click.

once the Page2 is loaded again i have spied the main region and same story continues as we are using the region mode.

Here the question is once the Click is Performed in Page1 and before loading the Page2 i have to put a Dynamic Wait.
the actions which are in the screen shot are appearing in my object as well.

Check Window Active : This cannot be True untill i activate application of the 2nd Region (Correct me if i'm wrong).

Check Window Attributes : what is the attributes needs to be passes in the Input Value ?

Thanks

VJR

To Perform Action on every element, in Page1 i spied the region and divided into different element and by activating the application called the desired element on the main region to perform certain actions like click.

once the Page2 is loaded again i have spied the main region and same story continues as we are using the region mode.

Here the question is once the Click is Performed in Page1 and before loading the Page2 i have to put a Dynamic Wait.
the actions which are in the screen shot are appearing in my object as well.

Check Window Active : This cannot be True untill i activate application of the 2nd Region (Correct me if i'm wrong).

Check Window Attributes : what is the attributes needs to be passes in the Input Value ?

Thanks
Although Region mode is used other modes like AA mode is still available. If the page changes with each click and if the URL of the page also changes with it then you can spy the Address bar then use Get Current Value action using a Reader stage on that element which gives the url present on the address bar. If the URL does not change then still the AA mode can be used to get any other attribute which needs to be uniquely identified on those different pages.

Kiran123

In page 1 use recover and resume stages and add sleep stage(using utility-general VBO) in between them and loop it
Suppose if you want to read a text in page 2, add read stage and using block stage include read stage and recover in one block.
Reconnect resume stage to read stage, now this loop will continue until page 2 is loaded.
You can set the sleep time as 2 or 3 sec
Hope this helps

UNR

In page 1 use recover and resume stages and add sleep stage(using utility-general VBO) in between them and loop it
Suppose if you want to read a text in page 2, add read stage and using block stage include read stage and recover in one block.
Reconnect resume stage to read stage, now this loop will continue until page 2 is loaded.
You can set the sleep time as 2 or 3 sec
Hope this helps
I Dont Understand what you are trying to Say, My Question is different and your answer is completely different.

Prateek

Hi you can use recognise text in dynamic wait and compare it with a value . I am also looking to use "Like " keyword while comparing values.