disable mouse

dbzdbgt

Hello,
i'm currently working on a project where i use the mouse cursor position a lot to click on items menu ...etc.
the issue is that, if by mistake, i move the cursor a little bit, the process will not click on the right item and thus, the process will fail.
i found a c# methode that disables the mouse
BOOL BlockInput(
BOOL fBlockIt
);

but i can't use it since i can't import user32.dll .
any help or new ideas are appreciated
Thank you

sivagelli

Hi, can you help with more info on the kind of application it is? Web/Mainframe.
if by mistake, i move the cursor a little bit, the process will not click on the right item and thus, the process will fail.
Looking at this statement, I am supposing it is a web app. And for web you can identify elements with html mode rather the region.

dbzdbgt

thank you for your response,
yes it is a web application, but some elements cannot be spyed using html mode, or don't work properly (since i am using internte explorer), so i need the mouse to move freely using the robot, but disabled outside.

thank you for your response,
yes it is a web application, but some elements cannot be spyed using html mode, or don't work properly (since i am using internte explorer), so i need the mouse to move freely using the robot, but disabled outside.
Have you tried spying in Active Accessibility mode? Press ALT when spying elements to switch spying mode.

Also as sivagelli says, in IE press F12 and you can see the attributes that define an HTML element. You may be able to determine the Blue Prism attributes to define an element by this method.

dbzdbgt

ah i see, i can't build the path for 2 main reasons :
* i have 3 select item that are linked with each other, if i select an option from the first select menu the second select menu will change the options, same goes for the 3rd menu when selection from the second.
* second reason, is that i have a pop-up each time a select an element i have tried the navigate stage with HTML spy mode , to navigate to the desired option it worked for the first select menu and i added a click on OK when the pop up shows, but there's a bug in blueprism, the robot cannot exit the first navigate stage (the one that selects an option) because the pop-up came so fast !

so the only option here is to spy using Active Accessibility mode with the mouse disabled.