Can not Create Active X component

Fabregas

Hi,
We have a licensed version of outlook, and for us this issue is intermittent. Please suggest how can we ignore this issue

Pete_L

Check your Trust Center settings in Office. They may be set to block ActiveX controls.

Open Excel on a blank workbook. (Even an existing workbook will do. We aren't going to change anything on the workbook).
Got to File > Options > Trust Center and click the Trust Center Settings button.
Select ActiveX Settings and then select the "Enable all controls without restrictions and without prompting (not recommended)" radio button.
Click OK to get back to the Excel workbook.
Try your automation again.

Please note that this setting might be controlled by your organization's Group Policy settings. If so, you will not be able to make these changes but you can ask IT to enable the setting on your DEV machine and the runtime resource(s).

RPAVienna

Thanks Pete, I will give that a try. Im a bit confused because similar tasks can be performed within the same process and it is always the last one that fails. Hence, I also included a Close Instance at the prvious tasks (additional to a taskkill) and a Wait stage before opening up the next instance. With the these two things a managed to run the process successfully at least on time. I will give feedback if it will successfull in further test. Thanks, Lukas

Fabregas

Hi Vienna,
Let me know if the above solution works for you.

As for us,
We were facing this error from more than a year tried everything mentioned in forum and BP portal, had calls with the BP support guys themselves as well as the Microsoft support team, but no solution was found. We fixed it at the code level and now it has been a month since we faced this.

Solution:
We had the code written in such a way that it would Open Outlook then Read Mail/Get Item and then Close it. BP suggests to fetch any mail from outlook without opening from the background.
Our understanding is that, if there is any instance open for Outlook and BP tries to communicate with it then it will fail. Any instance should not be open while the bot runs.

Let me know if this helps for you too.
Regards

RPAVienna

Hi Fabregas,

I'm dealing with that issue in Excel. However, if I do not open an instance (output handle value) it is difficult fro BP to identify the application/workbook for the following tasks. Is that what you mean? Or did you mean the visible interaction with outlook/open? That would be the "show" from excel vbo in my case which I have also implemented.

However, I will try it with/without create instance and show and will give feedback here.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards
Lukas

Last edited: