Solved Balancing wait times and system response time

boulay

Hi Guys,
I have a process that saves files from one application to file location on my VM.

When saving, it takes between 2 seconds and 30 seconds for the system to respond and for the next screen to appear.
If i don't set the wait time in my loop at at least 30 seconds, it will fail with large files.
But then i'm wasting tons of time for the txt files that have no system lag while saving.

Any suggestions?

VJR

Hi Guys,
I have a process that saves files from one application to file location on my VM.

When saving, it takes between 2 seconds and 30 seconds for the system to respond and for the next screen to appear.
If i don't set the wait time in my loop at at least 30 seconds, it will fail with large files.
But then i'm wasting tons of time for the txt files that have no system lag while saving.

Any suggestions?
Hi boulay,

One approach could be to find size of the original file and detect if the destination now has the file of that size.

- Use 'Get File Size' action of the 'Utility File Management' on the Source file. This will return the size in bytes.
- Then start your file copy.
- Keep doing a 'Get File Size' on the Destination path after every second or two.
- You might have to use the above in combination with a 'File Exists' action.
- Once the Destination file size is equivalent to the Source file size then its time to move on.

diarselimi

If you just do a wait stage to wait for the screen you want to see, the wait will pas as soon as the screen is identified.
So you can make the wait stage 60 seconds and then as soon as the screen appears the process will continue.