avoid spying textfields in the background

matuopm

I got a problem with an w32 application.

When I use the Applicationmodeller to spy some textfields by iterating through the matchindex blue prism also finds textfields that are not visible on the screen because they are in another TAB of the application.

View attachment eviewercensored.png

The active tab is 1564: Rezept/Arzt

I search for the Textfields Handelsname with a regular expression and the match index.
for matchindex 1 I get = RHINOMER
for matchindex 2 I get = OCTABACID
for matchindex 3 I get = FEMOSTON which is not located on the active TAB but on the TAB 1562: Rezept/Arzt

A tab that I previously visited as I was running the process. I tried to close every tab after I visited it with the process but blue prism is not able to spy the small little "x" for closing the tab.

Does anyone have an advice how I can limit my search on the active tab ?
I tried the Visible and Screen Visible properties in the application modeller but without success.

gil.silva

Hello matuopm,

In fact, the attribute Screen Visible=True should do the trick, it's weird.
Can you post here a print of the attributes that you're using for this element?
There's no attribute with the name of the active tab (1564:Rezept/Arzt) in Class Name, Ancestors Text, etc..?

You can also try to use UIA mode, which for sure won't match elements which aren't visible, but I'm not sure if it works for what you need.

gil.silva

Hello,

Yes, that can be a good approach, also you can try to enable the attribute "Parent Visible".
Otherwise, the idea of using the ancestors text can be a good solution.

matuopm

Parent Visible and the other Visible attributes were not working for some reasons. But it worked now with the parent windows text.