Application Recognition

Sarah Wallace

I’m having some issues with BP recognising two web applications that need to be open at the same time to complete a process.

The issue I have is that both applications need to remain open during the process, however after trying many things and spending time speaking with a few team members I still cannot seem to find a way that allows me to move from one application (where all of the process info is collected) to the other application (to complete the work) then back to the initial system (to close the order that the process has completed).

The process goes like this:

1. The first system is loaded and logged in.

2. All orders to be processed are displayed in a table within the first application. Once an order is accessed it is locked to the user that had accessed it, this means that another robot (or person) cannot access the order while it is being worked on. This is why it needs to stay open - to maintain the locked order status.

3. All of the required information is taken from the first application to be used to process the order in the second application.

4. The second application is then loaded and logged in (leaving the first application open in the background) this is now where the issue starts as often the screen elements on the second application cannot always be seen.

I have tried Activating the application window, trying to set focus, sending a centre / global centre screen click. I have detattched from the first application then attached to the second application amongst many other things that I cant now recall. I have often found that solutions to this issue which work in the short term and then they stop working after a while and I am yet to find a stable way to do this.

I have also looked for a way to send an Alt+Tab command but haven't been able to find a successful way to do this.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah :)

Nehil

Instead of opening the 2nd application in another browser window. Can you try using it as another tab in same browser window?

himavantht

Try modifying windows selectors to find best unique match by using wildcard, it may work (so we can use activate window efficiently)

Pete_L

ALT-TAB can be entered via Global Send Key Events as "<{ALT}{TAB}>" (include the double quotes). The way to read this is "Press the ALT key down, press the TAB key, then release. The < indicates key down and the > indicates key up (i.e., release).

Hope this helps.