what is format cell in MS excel vbo

VJR

Hi ksaibhargav,

The usage of the action is to give Number Format to a cell.

1527617820044.png

When you hover your mouse over the parameter it will give you examples as to what to pass.

1527617944191.png

The one that you use to format in Excel after right clicking a cell and then selecting Format Cells.

1527618148735.png

sandeep

i am trying to convert the cell into number formate but getting the error
Error : Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the Range class

VJR

i am trying to convert the cell into number formate but getting the error
Error : Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the Range class
Hi sandeep,

Which number format are you trying to convert to?
If you are looking for a number with zero decimal places then use "0" in the Cell Format parameter.

VJR

Hi sandeep,

I have taken a look at your screenshots.
In the post I have provided you above has the "0" in double quotes but you have taken it as 0 in the Cell Format parameter which is of type Text.

Shweta

Hi ksaibhargav,

The usage of the action is to give Number Format to a cell.

View attachment 895

When you hover your mouse over the parameter it will give you examples as to what to pass.

View attachment 896

The one that you use to format in Excel after right clicking a cell and then selecting Format Cells.

View attachment 898
Hello,

I have a similar requirement, where I need to sort the data based on multiple columns all at a same time: Col A Values <smallest to largest> AND/OR
Col B Values <smallest to largest> AND/OR Col C values <A-Z> . How to achieve this??

I cannot use macro because this excel is being prepared at runtime and is not static.

Last edited:

Shweta

Hello,

I have a similar requirement, where I need to sort the data based on multiple columns all at a same time: Col A Values <smallest to largest> AND/OR
Col B Values <smallest to largest> AND/OR Col C values <A-Z> . How to achieve this??

I cannot use macro because this excel is being prepared at runtime and is not static.
Any suggestions on this would be highly appreciated.

atajane

Hello,

Read data in collection and sort the collection and write it back to Excel