Web Automation - Target Appl

MadhuG001

Hi All,

I am working on a Web Application.
To add "attach", I followed below approach:-
In a Navigate stage I have entered the "Element" as the first name from the "Application Explorer", then selected "Attach" under Action.
Then below that (Under Input Section), for "Window Title" I have entered the web link(Which one I have entered while attaching with Application Modeler).
Then under "Process Name" I have given "iexplore". When I run it after launching the application it shows below error:-

"Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Action 1' - Target application could not be identified"

Please advise.

TTorhan

For Window Title, move your Mouse over the browser's tab to get the Window Title (not the URL). For instance, this page's window title is: "Web Automation - Target Appl | RPA Forum - Powered by Robiquity"

Hope that helps!

MadhuG001

For Window Title, move your Mouse over the browser's tab to get the Window Title (not the URL). For instance, this page's window title is: "Web Automation - Target Appl | RPA Forum - Powered by Robiquity"

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

Thanks TTorhan
I will try this approach.

MadhuG001

Child index value should be given as "0"

Thanks Amarender.
Is it mandatory to provide the Child Index value as 0/1.
Please tell me why & when we need to provide this Index value. I have gone through the BP documentation for this, but I didn't get the clear picture.

Please advise.

Amarender

Thanks Amarender.
Please tell me why & when we need to provide this Index value. I have gone through the BP documentation for this, but I didn't get the clear picture.

Please advise.

Hi Madhu

My first question is "Did it worked for you?"

Amarender

Thanks Amarender.

Please advise.

Hi Madhu

We provide the child index value because, when an instance is opened by BP that will be your parent Instance. If we provide Value "0" means the first instance will be attached even when more than one instances are opened.

For Example an Internet Explore is opened first with first Tab window this firstly opened Internet Explore called Parent instance and think if it gets detached then we have to attach only the parent instance so we give Child index as "0".

MadhuG001

Hi Madhu

We provide the child index value because, when an instance is opened by BP that will be your parent Instance. If we provide Value "0" means the first instance will be attached even when more than one instances are opened.

For Example an Internet Explore is opened first with first Tab window this firstly opened Internet Explore called Parent instance and think if it gets detached then we have to attach only the parent instance so we give Child index as "0".

Thanks Amarendra.