Utility File Management Issue

rajath.gopal

Hello All,
I am making use of Get Files action with a pattern *.xlsx.
It works perfectly fine in one environment and in other it fails drastically. The SUCCESS Flag returns a wrong value even though the folder is empty the SUCCESS Flag returns a True Value.

The other issue is with "Check File Exists" action it works perfectly fine in one environment where in I pass the entire path, however when I try to do the same in different it results with no results though a file exist!!

Any idea why this could happen.

Many thanks in advance!!

Sachin_Kharmale

Hi Rajath,

I have also facing same problems so i have resolve it with following ways.

1. If you are using Get Files actions of the Utility File Management.
if there is no files in with specified pattern present in folder then it will return true result but the Files collection does not have any files.
So you can validate it with collection row count if collection have more than 1 row then folder contains files with specified extension otherwise not.

2. For the Check file exist make sure your path contains less than 258 character.
The blue prism file Management utility not support more than 258 character file path.

I hope it will help you ..!

Jagadeesh02

I'm facing issue File exists in folder, but bot throwing file doesn't exists " output as False".
While I'm checking manually file exists even I can open the file & do operations also. May I know how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!