Using Data Validation in Excel Using BluePrism Code Stage

Hi,

I need to use the data validation in Excel. It is like inserting a list of values in cells of Excel in the form of dropdown/list. Could someone help me with that please?

VJR

Hi AAH,

As you can refer in the links (Link1, Link2) as to how the validation method is used with the Range object, you can create you own Code stage and use it along with a range where you want to set the Data Validation. You will find code in the forum that access an excel sheet and uses the range object in the code. So you can make use of them.
For excel related constants (like xlGreaterEqual) also you will find solution on the forum on how to provide its corresponding numeric constant in place of the excel constants.

Ro0696

Hi AAH,

As you can refer in the links (Link1, Link2) as to how the validation method is used with the Range object, you can create you own Code stage and use it along with a range where you want to set the Data Validation. You will find code in the forum that access an excel sheet and uses the range object in the code. So you can make use of them.
For excel related constants (like xlGreaterEqual) also you will find solution on the forum on how to provide its corresponding numeric constant in place of the excel constants.
Hi,
I have an excel sheet with several columns in it. The excel sheet is generated randomly using a different tool. There is one particular column in an excel for which I want to check if its values are numbers. Also I want to check for any errors in entire sheet. Can you please guide me on how I can do this using blueprism ?

brunone

Hi AAH,

Hi,

I am also trying to use data validation functionality in a code stage, but am having trouble getting it to work correctly. When using numeric constants for the method arguments, I am getting the following exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

any help in implementing the validation object and methods would be greatly appreciated