Unable to open an Excel Workbook

RiojaAlberto

Hi!
I started to learn Blue Prism with a YouTube Tutorial (by Busy Ping), and I can't open an Excel Workbook. The mesage trown by the software is:
1517411399236.png
And my diagram is:
1517411435011.png

Does someone know why is this happening and/or how to solve it?

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hmmm interesting. Are you able to share the file with me so I can attempt to open it via Blue Prism or is it confidential?

I'm thinking that the issue is more with the spreadsheet, rather than with Blue Prism. Everything looks correct in your diagram.

Rob :)

cs.andras

Hi @RiojaAlberto ,
Could you please try doubling the backslashes in the path variable? It has happened to me before that (with a different error message) the script refused to read the file until I've done the mentioned to the path. So it should look like: "C:\\Users\\Irioja\\Documents\\CurrencyExcercise.xlsx"

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @RiojaAlberto

There doesn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with the file. Have you tried creating a spreadsheet of your own and opening it with Blue Prism? What happens there?

RiojaAlberto

Hi @RiojaAlberto ,
Could you please try doubling the backslashes in the path variable? It has happened to me before that (with a different error message) the script refused to read the file until I've done the mentioned to the path. So it should look like: "C:\\Users\\Irioja\\Documents\\CurrencyExcercise.xlsx"

I know it is not the path wich is wrong. I debugged the process in order to find if the problem was that one. However, I tried to write the path as you mentiones... and it didn't work :/

But, thanks for the support :)

RiojaAlberto

Hi @RiojaAlberto

There doesn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with the file. Have you tried creating a spreadsheet of your own and opening it with Blue Prism? What happens there?

I've tried that. And, actually, the Excel file is one I made, and I've tried to open other files to prove the processes... The error is the same.

VJR

Hi RiojaAlberto,

Has the problem been resolved at your end? If not, would you be able to share the file for taking a look?

VJR

Hi chanduballa,

There is no solution yet since there has been no further response after the last post.
Lets try with your issue :).

- Have you tried using a different Excel and opening it with Blue Prism?
- Are you able to share the excel causing the error message?

lpietrat

I had the same problem. Unable to open the Excel file. I tried the same object, process and files in a different computer and it works.

We where able to solve it, doing a start process before the open. That way it works. Unfortunately, now we have another inexplicable situation when we try to write in an excel file.

cs.andras

I had the same problem. Unable to open the Excel file. I tried the same object, process and files in a different computer and it works.

We where able to solve it, doing a start process before the open. That way it works. Unfortunately, now we have another inexplicable situation when we try to write in an excel file.
Could you please attach the file - if you are allowed to? Zip it please, I don't think the forum allows xlsx extension.