Unable to create excel instance

DhernRPA

I have been learning how to use the Blue Prism toolset. I want to open an Excel document. I know I need to first create an instance, however I receive the following error message:
Internal : The system cannot find the path specified Error code:-2147467259 More Detail: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified
at Microsoft.Win32.NativeMethods.CreateDirectory(String path, SafeLocalMemHandle acl)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.CreateTempDirectoryWithAce(String directory, String identity)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.GetTempFileName(String tempDir)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.EnsureTempNameCreated()
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.AddExtension(String fileExtension, Boolean keepFile)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.AddExtension(String fileExtension)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromDomBatch(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit[] ea)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromDomBatch(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit[] ea)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromDom(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit[] compilationUnits)
at BluePrism.AutomateProcessCore.clsCompilerRunner.Compile(String& sErr)

I am not sure what it is saying the error message is. Could someone add some clarity to the situation?

Thank you

shankar11

Hi,

You first close the BP and now try using msxl vbo and add create instance step.
All VBOs should be imported from BP VBO folder only. Check that path also.

sudharshini

Hi ,

Am facing the same error message while trying to run my process ,which was running properly a day before.can someone help me to understand why am facing this error

Thanks in advance,