UI Path pdf files Specific field extract in excel

Komal

Hi All,
I am looking to extract some fields from PDF Invoices to Excel. Like Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Due Date , Order ID and Grand Total.
Please help me to resolve this issue through UI Path. I have done this through automation anywhere but stuck in UI Path. Invoice attached for the reference.

Attachments

• Invoice OD108645794341533000.pdf
    82.4 KB · Views: 24

bnastase

Hi Komal

First of all I hope the attached invoice is just a mock-up as usually invoices contain sensitive data.

In order to extract data from the PDF you can use a Read PDF activity and the manipulate the text, or use a Get Text. Sometimes the Get Text might fail and won't recognise the fields in your PDF.

Bobby

MadhuG001

Hi Komal

First of all I hope the attached invoice is just a mock-up as usually invoices contain sensitive data.

In order to extract data from the PDF you can use a Read PDF activity and the manipulate the text, or use a Get Text. Sometimes the Get Text might fail and won't recognise the fields in your PDF.

Bobby

Hello Bobby.

Is there any way to fetch data from pdf & paste into excel, regardless the pdf format ?
Thank you.

bnastase

Hello Bobby.

Is there any way to fetch data from pdf & paste into excel, regardless the pdf format ?
Thank you.

Hi,

If you have a scanned PDF you can't use the usual get text, because of course, it's just an image.

If you have inputs that are either scanned or editable, I would suggest you to use the OCR activities. This way you would make sure it works every time.

Bobby