Trouble Spying Javascript Page Element in Chrome

jsmith

Hi team,

I'm trying to simply spy elements on this page: https://my.workflowmax.com/my/overview.aspx

Using BP 6.3 and Chrome, I can perform the initial identification of both email and password input fields, but I'm unable to highlight.

Information about my page element is here (email address input field):
<input class="xui-input" id="Code" name="Code" placeholder="example@address.com" type="text" value="">

but I'm unable to dial it in to be highlighted following my spy.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• Attributes.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

VJR

Hi jsmith,

I do not have a BP version as latest as yours (6.3) so I want to ask if this version now supports Chrome Or are you still trying it even though it is not supported yet?

VJR

That is good news. In that case I can't check the webpage using the latest version and let you know what's happening. Might require playing around with the checking/unchecking of the attributes.

jsmith

Support seems a bit of a stretch. It does attach cleanly once launched, but you need to force render for accessibility and UI spy on dynamic rendered javascript pages. Browser mode appears not useful.

jsmith

An update.... another colleague was able to use browser spy mode on Chrome, same pages I was spying in UI mode (--force-renderer-accessibility). So, my machine can't do it.... an Azure VM was unable to do it, but his laptop was able to. Does anyone know what settings need to be in place to use browser spy mode with dynamic JS-rendered pages?