Text Parsing

Shweta

hi,
can you pls help me with below query-
PFA screenshot, i need to retrieve all this data one by one and make selections in a website. For example:
As capacity is given as 50, so I need to write 50 in website in a textbox. how to do this?
In feature, it says: check = notifications, which means i need to check notifications checkbox in features tab, how to do this?
In misc tab, it says: check = 1, check = 2. Here, let's say 1 and 2 are checkboxes in website. So, i need to tick the "1" checkbox and untick "2" checkbox. how to do this?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 15

Pete_L

Are these values always changing? Are they read in from some data source?

If they are not constant, try looping through the collection, and read the 2 columns of each row. Based on the row and the values on that row, direct your process flow to the applicable page in the website and fill in/check/uncheck screen elements as directed by the value in the 2nd column of the collection.

Alternatively, if the 5 values in your attachment do not change, you could put each one in an Environment Variable. In your process, first read the EV's into Data Items, then at the appropriate place(s) in the process flow, direct the flow according to the EV Data Item values in the same way.

Shweta

The values may change over the time. Can you please elaborate it in steps as I am not getting clear idea.

How I will perform the step where in second column: check = notifications.. In this i need to check the notifications checkbox

sahil_raina_91

Loop Collection Start

Choice
Choice 1 : Column 1 = Feature AND Column 2 contains check = notification
Connect This to Object action to check notification checkbox
Choice 2 : Column 1 = Feature AND Column 2 contains uncheck = notification
Connect This to Object action to uncheck notification checkbox
Choice 3 : Column 1 = Capacity AND Column 2 = 50
Connect This to Object action to enter 50 in textbox
Choice 4 : Column 1 = Misc AND Column 2 contains check OR uncheck
Connect this to calculation stage/new page to somehow extract/split "check = 1" and "uncheck = 2", and then connect those to Object action to check/uncheck checkboxes

Loop Collection End

Hope this helps!

Shweta

I think we do not have CONTAINS function in blueprism, instead we have InStr, but in that also if i will check for "check = notification" and instead of this there is an entry "uncheck= condition", so it will return that also true

sahil_raina_91

Absolutely. I did mean to imply InStr when I said contains.

Here the solution to your problem:
Use InStr([Data Item],"check = notification")>0 AND InStr([Data Item],"uncheck = notification")=0
OR you can use StartsWith() function instead of InStr().

There can be various ways.
I only highlighted the approach.