System out of Memory Excel VBO

mcandrewe

Hi,
I am attempting to get a collection from an excel worksheet using the excel VBO. Normally this works fine. However, my file has approx. 200k lines. I am getting a system out of memory error message. Is there anyway to load this volume of data into a collection?

mcandrewe

For such huge data, Data Oledb VBO is useful. Btw, why do you want to get such huge data in to collection?
Thanks, basically a report is generated. I want to develop a process that will import the file's data and run checks. Eg filter for duplicates, run sql query etc. Do you think this is feasible for a collection this size? I don't think I can use oldeb as I need to read the report data?

sivagelli

Write the exceptions to a file and read that in to a collection for BP to continue the processing.

I know this is easy to sit on the other end and throw ideas but it could be an option to fallback on.

mcandrewe

Write the exceptions to a file and read that in to a collection for BP to continue the processing.

I know this is easy to sit on the other end and throw ideas but it could be an option to fallback on.
I was hoping Blueprism could handle this but thinking it's probably going to cause an issue, I think I may be able to develop a macro to voer the large data side and then potentially load in a thousand records to do various checks on.
Thanks