surface automation not working

riderc1

I have not used Blue Prism is several months, so it is possible I'm overlooking something. The application I'm trying to automate has a control that looks like a combo box. In the past, I have had to use surface automation to interact with it. When using other discovery methods, I have not found a way to click the "down arrow" button to interact with the control.
A screen shot of the region editor is shown below. I selected a region called My Approvals to be a fixed image. The second region is the "drop down arrow" to the combo box (for Properties). I made its position Relative to the My Approvals region (and I have also used Properties in the same way).
In Application Modeler, if I select the object and click Highlight - it works fine. The red box is drawn around My Approvals and the Drop Down.
If I run the process from Object Modeler (aka - debug mode). It works fine.
When I run this from Process studio, it is not clicking on the down-arrow control. Somehow, it is select all of the text in the combo-box label (which I am not sure how to do - if I double-click on the text, it only highlights a portion of it - my automation is somehow highlight all of the text.)
I also have the Navigate step doing a "global mouse click center" on the drop-down arrow.

The application I am working with uses this control frequently. I've looked at previous automations - I made them the same way. They worked fine.
Any ideas on what is going on here? It's very frustrating that it works fine running in object studio but then fails when running from process studio.
\View attachment Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 8.57.17 AM.png

riderc1

I found a workaround. I can hit the Tab key, then the Space bar to cause the combo-box control to open. I actually like this better than using surface automation as I don't have to worry about image recognition issues (and it works :) )
However, still perplexed why SA was not working in this case. It is used in other automations I have developed and works well. I've solved my problem so am moving on. If anyone has ideas about why it did not work, I'd still be interested in figuring out why as I might run into this in the future (or other people reading this might find some help)