Solved Simple question about blue Prism and SAP integration

Hello,
Im looking at a possible automation project using blue Prism and SAP mostly, i dont have much experience with SAP or how BP can interact with it. So my question is, in your experience, what can or cant BP do in SAP? For example, i know the robot needs to read and interact with some grids or tables from SAP, is that possible?
Thanks for all the experience you can share with me
Andres.
Note: i read already the SAP and BP documentation and integration. I just want to have some feedback from previous experience.

cs.andras

Hello,
Im looking at a possible automation project using blue Prism and SAP mostly, i dont have much experience with SAP or how BP can interact with it. So my question is, in your experience, what can or cant BP do in SAP? For example, i know the robot needs to read and interact with some grids or tables from SAP, is that possible?
Thanks for all the experience you can share with me
Andres.
Note: i read already the SAP and BP documentation and integration. I just want to have some feedback from previous experience.
Hi,
In my experience, base controls like buttons, menus, shortcut keys work quite fine. I found that I could not however write directly into fields, only focus them and then use the Send Keys function of BP. Reading from them works fine. Tables and grids are a bit funny. I found navigating in them is tough to track because it loads say 90 items on a list but only 30 can be display at once. It numbers the rows 10...39. If you scroll down (using the selection cursor and the arrow-down keystroke) first the list scrolls down, the selection (cursor) does not, so after you reach the bottom of the list (the first 30) you always need to scroll (send down-arrow) twice. It is the most inconvenient solution. One more thing: reading from tables and grids are funny too, I found no easy solution to securely track a cell. I rather opened the item by using a shortcut key (in my case it's Shift+F2), read the appropriate field and then close (Shift+F3) the item.
Lastly: get ready to face the extreme laggyness of SAP once you are running scripts on it. It can lead to freezing. Also, always leave enough time for loading, sometimes it's best to let it load by static timeout for a bit and then wait for some element to appear. It does tend to freeze up sometimes when waiting for an element for a longer time (say 2mins+).
I hope this helped to prepare a bit. :)

Im having some issues with the SAP mode, when in some cases, for example when i identify the field with no problem, i later try to use it on a navigate state but i cant select any action.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I discovered today that those fields i cant select an action for, are available to use not with the Navigate connection, but with the write connection, and they work fine that way. So maybe this is important no notice.

Cuarzo

Hello,

I am trying my first processes in SAP and I am having some issues too. I have identified a SAP textbox in the transaction PA30 (one of the most famous HR transactions), and I am able to set the focus on the object. After that, I can send text to the box (with a write connection, as arodriguezm says), but I would like to ask... How can I send special keys like the function keys or the enter Key to this field? Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

boulay

use the transaction code instead of menupath navigation .

cs.andras said "One more thing: reading from tables and grids are funny too. I found no easy solution to securely track a cell. "
i've gotten around this by exporting to excel and then using a collection

Mandeep

We access our SAP system thru web application and it is SSO enabled. We have enabled SPY mode in the backend SAP server. But our BluePrsim Robot is unable to perform. It works directly on backend system using SAP logon pad but not thru web application. Are we missing anything?

Sourabh Rai

Hi,

Objective: To spy and get SAP grid data in Blue Prism.

Problem : We want to spy and get SAP grid data in Blue Prism collection for one of our process, there are some operations needs to be done on the SAP table by iterating it. We are able to spy the SAP table but when we are trying to read it by using "get all items" from Blue Prism read stage, the action is getting stuck infinitely and we have to terminate Blue Prism from task manager.

Step 1. The below is the SAP table.

View attachment 1549619423265.png

Step 2. Spying the table with SAP mode.

View attachment 1549619423301.png

In the element type drop down SAP grid is not coming. When this element is tried to get all items into Blue Prism Collection it is getting stuck at the below stage.

View attachment 1549619423326.png

We have tried all other spying modes as well but we are not successful in retrieving the data from the table. The "Id" element we are getting by reading individual table elements are also not unique and consistent throughout the table so we can't also create our own loop to get the elements one by one from the table.

sina.hassani

I am facing the exact same problem that @Sourabh Rai is.

When the read action is executed, it starts to go through a whole table/list, but when it reaches the end (might take a while), it returns nothing to the collection.

Anybody have a solution on how to extract an entire table/list from SAP to Blue Prism?

alex771

We access our SAP system thru web application and it is SSO enabled. We have enabled SPY mode in the backend SAP server. But our BluePrsim Robot is unable to perform. It works directly on backend system using SAP logon pad but not thru web application. Are we missing anything?

Hello Mandeep,
we've got the same problem here. Did you found a solution for this?
Thanks and best regards
Alex

gayatri

Hi all,
In SAP after entering data, the application is getting hanged so much time and blue prism is stuckking at that particular stage.
Could you please suggest us how to proceed further in coding , to close sap and pick up the next request.