RPA Challenge Exercise in Automation Anywhere

ravi338

Hello VJR,

I have tried it in AA but couldn't find the solution.
Can you please let me know how to resolve the challenge.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ravi338

VJR

Hi ravi338,

Since the fields are changing and not fixed it is clear that something dynamic has to be used.
So all I can tell you is this exercise can be worked upon by identifying which "changing" property can be made use of.
Observe certain things, do some analysis and identify which property (or properties) are changing for a particular field (eg, label, textbox) and then see if that can be used to identify an element and then write data to it. There could be more than one ways to work on this activity. So do not stick with one approach.

ravi338

Hello VJR,

Thanks for the reply. Here i am unable to find the dynamic element. Could you please help me in this issue.
For your reference here i am attaching atmx file.

Thanks,
Ravi338

Attachments

• RPA_Challenge_1.PNG
    RPA_Challenge_1.PNG
    41.8 KB · Views: 434
  • RPA_Challenge_2.PNG
    RPA_Challenge_2.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 362

VJR

Hi ravi338,

All the textboxes are dynamic elements so writing the text to a textbox of one particular name won't work.
So Name property won't work since it is not possible to pass that Name.
Identify any other property that which you can pass dynamically to identify that element.
By property I mean the screen where you get the list of different search criteria that AA is going to use to identify that element.

ravi338

Hello VJR,

After submitting the first record values (1st row of excel) in application, The HTML tag or HTML name is changing for that particular field.
Here when i am processing 1st record (1st row in excel) the html ID for First name (in the application) text box is N5NvD. (After submitting 1 st record the application fields will move from one place to other)
When i am processing the 2nd record the html ID for First name (in the application) text box is 7ofA7.
The HTML ID is changing dynamically for each submit for each field.

But finally it is taking the values in to the application but not in to the correct place. Thats where the issue is....
I still need to find the common property for each field.

Thanks

VJR

Hi ravi338,

If you notice that the Name and the Id are always the same . So if the Name is of no use, the Id will also not be of any.

VJR

Hi Darshan, this will depend on what logic you have written to process each of the rounds. Try to identify the reason for the failure for the last 3 rounds.

aronzxc

Hello VJR,
i'm the one who used the keystrokes in this challenge, and you said i should not use keystrokes since it is not always reliable and not a recommended best practice. i think i found another solution for the challenge without using keystrokes, i want to use a javascript but i dont know how to execute it on the rpachallenge website, can you tell me how can i able to do that? thanks :)

otonx

Solution :

Example custom css for textfield First Name

div:has(label:contains("First Name")) > input

aronzxc

i got the solution by using Automation Anywhere Object Cloning and customized the DOMXPath on the search criteria
1527841346813.pngbut the result is too slow than the result when i used the UiPath :)

VJR

i got the solution by using Automation Anywhere Object Cloning and customized the DOMXPath on the search criteria
but the result is too slow than the result when i used the UiPath :)

"Object Cloning and customized the DOMXPath on the search criteria" was the perfect way to go with this challenge!

ajju23

Hi VJR, Aron

Can you please explain what are the changes you have made in domxpath in object cloning? I have been trying to solve this problem using web controls but unable to input the values into the text box using label name.

aronzxc

Hi VJR, Aron

Can you please explain what are the changes you have made in domxpath in object cloning? I have been trying to solve this problem using web controls but unable to input the values into the text box using label name.

You must use Object Cloning to customized the xpath, just capture the text field and try this //label[text() = 'Phone Number']/following-sibling::input[1] on the DOMXPath, just edit the Phone Number to whatever the Label of the textfield is.