RPA Challenge Exercise in Automation Anywhere

VJR

Hi VJR, Aron

Can you please explain what are the changes you have made in domxpath in object cloning? I have been trying to solve this problem using web controls but unable to input the values into the text box using label name.
Hi ajju23,

Take any one field (say First Name) and make a note of the HTML tag path of its Label as well as Textbox.
Write them down in a Notepad one below the other. Notice the difference and dynamically make the necessary replacements while designing the Task.

Balaji R

Hi Friends,
I'm trying this task in Blue Prism, I could not able to spy a textbox, it is changing the fields every time. Help me out to spy a textbox in blue prism. I tried with active accessibility mode. Tell me, whether i need to use AA mode or any other mode.

Last edited:

Balaji R

Hi VJR,

How to set a date dynamically to generate a report on work queue data. I want last one month report on work queue data and the report needs to be generated repeatedly for every start date of the month.

VJR

Hi VJR,

How to set a date dynamically to generate a report on work queue data. I want last one month report on work queue data and the report needs to be generated repeatedly for every start date of the month.
Hi Balaji R,
I don't understand the context of the question. This is a Automation Anyhwere thread and the question on Work Queues appears to be on Blue Prism. You can post the same question in the Blue Prism forum and someone with the relevant information would be able to help you.

turuletee

You must use Object Cloning to customized the xpath, just capture the text field and try this //label[text() = 'Phone Number']/following-sibling::input[1] on the DOMXPath, just edit the Phone Number to whatever the Label of the textfield is.
Hi, Im new to Automation anywhere and dont have a huge background in Programming(no idea of anything related to Js, PHP or scripting languages). Im in training and will like a more thoroug explanation on how to change the DOMXpath or simply a screencapture on how to change it. Im a quick learner but im struggling with this challenge. Thanks in advance
P.S: Im using AA on a windows 10 environmet, im aware that it has some reduced functions but its my employer´s choice, not mine

Last edited:

turuletee

Hi, Im new to Automation anywhere and dont have a huge background in Programming(no idea of anything related to Js, PHP or scripting languages). Im in training and will like a more thoroug explanation on how to change the DOMXpath or simply a screencapture on how to change it. Im a quick learner but im struggling with this challenge. Thanks in advance
P.S: Im using AA on a windows 10 environmet, im aware that it has some reduced functions but its my employer´s choice, not mine

NVM, i got it to run quite easy. My problem was that i was using Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer. For that reason, my Object cloning didnt catch the page as an HTML but instead it said "Type: Default" and didn't show the DOMXPath but a regular Path. Thanks for the forum, it was a great run

Attachments

• 2018-08-31_19h17_00.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 125

Raviteja Vanumu

hi aron ,how do you know to insert this code in the domx path,have you written this code by your own or do you observe this code while capturing ,please reply,Thank you
//label[text() = 'Phone Number']/following-sibling::input[1]

Shridhar

Anybody tried the RPA challenge exercise in AA

http://www.rpachallenge.com/
Hi VJR, I have completed the RPA challenge succefully. Yeah its late but i did it by using Object cloning and variable operation. Only thing im not sure is how to decide domx path like we used in this scenario to find label name.

Attachments

• IMG_20180923_173934.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 107

mahendrareddyd

You can see that domx path of first input is constant. . Get the list of labels using HTML Innertext. Use these hints.

CONGRATS!
Your success rate is 100.00% (70 out of 70 fields) in 19593 milliseconds

shreyaD

Hello VJR,

Thanks for the reply. Here i am unable to find the dynamic element. Could you please help me in this issue.
For your reference here i am attaching atmx file.

Thanks,
Ravi338

Hi Ravi,

Actually text box value changes every time so how to proceed.

You must use Object Cloning to customized the xpath, just capture the text field and try this //label[text() = 'Phone Number']/following-sibling::input[1] on the DOMXPath, just edit the Phone Number to whatever the Label of the textfield is.

Could you please explain us ? how to identify this DOMXPATH?

Hemanthbanty

Could you please explain us ? how to identify this DOMXPATH?

Please install a xpath finder for chrome extension. Once tats done, in developer mode of chrome. Click on the button or text you wanna customize the DOMX path. A pop up will be generated copy tat and paste in the developer console(Do Ctrl+F to paste). You will be getting 2 results usually. One s absolute path which can be seen in AA while recording, other is relative path. Which you are seeing in the above which seems to be customized but it isn't. It's just a syntax to find the one

Please install a xpath finder for chrome extension. Once tats done, in developer mode of chrome. Click on the button or text you wanna customize the DOMX path. A pop up will be generated copy tat and paste in the developer console(Do Ctrl+F to paste). You will be getting 2 results usually. One s absolute path which can be seen in AA while recording, other is relative path. Which you are seeing in the above which seems to be customized but it isn't. It's just a syntax to find the one

Ok.. This i could able to get. but how below code identified?
//label[text() = 'First Name']/following-sibling::input[1]
//label[text() = 'Last Name']/following-sibling::input[1]
//label[text() = 'Email']/following-sibling::input[1]

while using xpath finder i m getting see these codes not above ones

//*[@id="Zqzwr"]
//*[@id="HPzKP"]

Etc

Hemanthbanty

Yes, I understand that. U can edit tat command based on the ID or class or name etc. The above one mentioned are edited one. U need to learn xpath to do the changes like that