Regarding pdf

gayatri

Respected Sir,
1.While trying to spy pdf it was giving an error like "there was an error during spying operation".I had seen one post but i didn't how to resolve it.Could you please help me?
2.How can we retrieve pdf tables data or word tables data into a collection?Is this possible in blueprsim.

Could you please help me to solve these 2 issues as soon as possible.

Raja

Respected Sir,
1.While trying to spy pdf it was giving an error like "there was an error during spying operation".I had seen one post but i didn't how to resolve it.Could you please help me?
2.How can we retrieve pdf tables data or word tables data into a collection?Is this possible in blueprsim.

1) try spying in a Region Mode for PDF files (if u click on ALT - you will get an option to switch the spying mode)... after keeping it in region mode on top you will find new region , click on that and locate the operation where to want to spy the data. (it's better to use the chrome browser for PDF spying)...
2)yes it is possible in blueprism , to get the data from PDF into the collection, choose Get data as an collection/write collection from VBO.

gayatri

Thankyou for your reply sir,

1.But in region mode also we are getting same error.
2. we tried to get table data using region mode in word but whole data is coming as mix in one data item.Using screen bounds,dynamic region concept can we get whole table data into one collection.Could you please guide me sir.
We converted pdf to word for spying.

gayatri

Thank you for reply sir,
I had a unstructured table in which rows and columns width are not same.Can we apply list region concept here.In list region concept, we captured one text and for getting second one we should use any increment variable.At a time in list region can we capture one particular column at once.So that in navigate stage by performing "read text with ocr" operation for first data can we get remaining similar data into one collection.Is it possible?
Could you guide me sir?

What is ur desire output here ?

If ur data is in pdf, i have a vbo to convert it to word.
From there, u can trim the data and get ur final table.
Let me know whether it solves ur problem or not.

VJR

Thank you for reply sir,
I had a unstructured table in which rows and columns width are not same.Can we apply list region concept here.In list region concept, we captured one text and for getting second one we should use any increment variable.At a time in list region can we capture one particular column at once.So that in navigate stage by performing "read text with ocr" operation for first data can we get remaining similar data into one collection.Is it possible?
Could you guide me sir?

If you are able to capture one column at a time using List Region then do so.
In the Reader stage store the result in Collection1.Column1
Then when you again use List Region for the 2nd column use Collection1.Column2

PraveenNair

Gayatri,
If you have Adobe acrobat professional version, then instead of region spying, you should convert that pdf into html and then its easy to spy.

Fquimis

Respected Sir,

Gayatri, active PDF is hard to read. You can use programs that are executed by command lines like: pdftohtml.exe or pdftotext.exe; this way in BP use the action start Process in object Utility - Enviroment This way:
View attachment 4019

so in a older you define, you will have the converted file in text o html, the only problem is that this solution varies according to the format of the pdf and therefore the positions of the information may not be constant, it is not a complete solution