Read Radio Button - Surface Automation

I am using version 5 of blue prism and thin client application for surface automation. I am stuck while reading a radio button. How to do?

Thanks in advance

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Naga,

Have you read the Blue Prism Surface Automation training guide?

https://portal.blueprism.com

Learning > Surface Automation > "Training Document - Surface Automation (v5)"

There's a section in there purely based around radio buttons and check boxes.

Regards
Rob

Hi Rob,

This is the same document i am following currently. That is only giving me what regions should i use but did not mention how to read like what steps to do in order to get whether radio button is checked or not.

Regards,
Naga

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Naga,

If you take two snapshots - one of the button checked and one of the button empty, you can then use a Wait Stage to determine whether the button is checked or not.

Rob

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Thanks Naga,

Do those elements contain an attribute named "Checked"? If they don't, then "Get Checked" won't work. I suspect they won't as they're radio buttons. I think the "Checked" attribute is only associated with Checkboxes.

Give my suggestion a try and see if that suits what you're trying to do. You could set a Flag to be True or False depending on which element is found.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I identified two radio buttons Male and Female using region mode. Similarly check box of verified using region mode. It is identifying as a button but not radio button or check box. Hence I do not have an attribute name 'Checked?'. How can I identify them such that I get 'Checked?' attribute name?

Regards,
Naga

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
@Naga Mounika Gella it looks to me like you've spied the checkboxes using traditional spying methods (eg. Win32 mode) rather than surface automation. Surface automation uses regions to handle the screen as images.

I'd review the Surface Automation guides on the portal to complete the exercises and ensure you're using regions and the Image Manipulation VBO.

@adebroise Thank you. I used surface automation guides from the portal. They asked to take different screen shots for male checked and female checked radio buttons. Thats why I used spied using region mode and not win 32 or AA mode. Please find the screenshot of my male checked element.SA-Male Checked png.png

@cs.andras Thank you. But I am trying to find a solution without using image search. I have an option called "uniform colour" in my wait stage to check whether region has uniform colour or not.

Learning > Surface Automation > "Training Document - Surface Automation Advanced Training(v6)" - Page 10

I used the above document from portal which tells me to use uniform colour but it is not working for me while I am using version 5.

Learning > Surface Automation > "Training Document - Surface Automation (v5)" - Page 20

I used the above document from portal which tells me to use separate screenshots for the radio buttons but does not provide complete information how to do it.

Can you please help me in steps how to use 'uniform colour' of my wait stage for a region such that i can use uniform colour concept to distinguish?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naga Mounika Gella

sheebanancy90

Hi, did you get the answer on how to check if the check box / radio button is Clicked or not ?
I'm looking for the same. Could not find more info or no one seems to know it thoroughly. Please help ? Do u have any samples

Janiakhil14

I am also facing the same issue. There ia no proper guilde in advamce surface automation training pdf. Could someone pls help?