Solved Queue Reports - Time Conversion UTC to MST

bharath1989

Hello RPA Forum Members,

I have developed a RPA process using Blue Prism that runs multiple times in a day every two hours from 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM.

The Blue Prism Queue Reports uses MTC time and I am in MST time zone (EST - 2 hours). I am wondering if there is any other Queue Reports template or logic that I could use. The problem that I am facing is that UTC Time Zone is MST Time Zone + 7 hours and am facing an issue with the date time conversion as the UTC time conversion gets past 24 hours for the last two runs in the schedule. I could develop a custom logic to do date, time and month conversion but I am wondering if there is something already existing that I could make use of.

Any leads are much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Murali

gil.silva

Hello,
That's actually a big 'bug' in BP, the different timezone in BP Studio (machine time) and Control Room (server time).
It's better to create the time conversion to be sure the reporting is taking the items from the correct time in Control Room.
I doubt someone can give you a ready solution for you, given the specific time zones mentioned.

bharath1989

Hello,
That's actually a big 'bug' in BP, the different timezone in BP Studio (machine time) and Control Room (server time).
It's better to create the time conversion to be sure the reporting is taking the items from the correct time in Control Room.
I doubt someone can give you a ready solution for you, given the specific time zones mentioned.

I found a fix. I used Blue Prism Date and Time Manipulation utility to convert Local Time to UTC and UTC to Local Time. It was a quick fix

bharath1989

I did not use the Time Zone ID's. I rather used actions in the Blue Prism Date and Time Manipulation VBO to convert the times from MST to UTC and UTC to MST. If you need to use Time Zone ID's, you can call a function to retrieve all the time zones and then use the one that is suitable for you.

bharath1989

Hi I need to fetch UTC from Time Zone ID collection?
Could anyone guide me please?

The time zone ID returns the list of time zones in Blue Prism. Use the UTC to local or local to UTC if it works for you. Alternatively you can use time conversions manually using a calculation or multi calculation stages to do it manually.

bharath1989

Use Get Time Zones action in Date and Time Manipulation VBO from Blue Prism. This same VBO also has actions to convert Local to UTC and UTC to Local time

lutgens7

i solved get my local time with 2 digits :

Today() & " " & LocalTime() - output in dateTime data item = Start Time

get hours from my local time

FormatDateTime([Start Time]; "HH") - output = my local time hour with 2 digits example: 22:05 format to: 22