Passing arguments dynamically to the Start Process.

manzur

Hi Community,
I have a requirement where I need to read all the file names of a particular folder(This can be done by using Business Object=Utility-File Management && Action=Get Files) and then I have to pass each filename to the batch file (batch file is invoked using Business Object=Utility-Environment && Action=Start Process)Here I am executing a batch file using Start Process but I need to pass file names dynamically to the batch file which I have invoked using Start Process.Can you please let us know how to pass multiple arguments dynamically to the command process,

Last edited:

gil.silva

Hello manzur,
You want to execute the batch file with multiple dynamic Arguments which are the file names, right?
You need first to concatenate all the filenames in one Data Item (Text). To achieve that, Loop your collection with the filenames and use a Calculation stage to concatenate.
Then use the Data Item as Argument in the Start Process action

manzur

Hello manzur,
You want to execute the batch file with multiple dynamic Arguments which are the file names, right?
You need first to concatenate all the filenames in one Data Item (Text). To achieve that, Loop your collection with the filenames and use a Calculation stage to concatenate.
Then use the Data Item as Argument in the Start Process action

Hi gil,
Thanks a ton .One help I am using blueprism tool for the first time is it possible to provide the expression to show how to concatenate the paramters.