Opening Workbook with Sign-In Requirement

Matthew Black

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on here. I recently started using blue prism at my company and I am running into an issue I was wondering if anyone can help with.

My goal is simple. Open an excel workbook, update some static data, run a macro, and save it to a sharepoint site. However, I'm running into an issue, because when I open my workbook I immediately get a request to sign into an excel addin for Hyperion (this a necessary addin and it cannot be removed).

Normally I would create instance -> open workbook -> show workbook -> update x,y,z data -> run macro -> save workbook.

When I run the MS VBO for open workbook it never completes the process because I need to input credentials. I've tried to create my own object that opens the workbook and signs it. I've done that successfully, but I am not sure how to attach it in the process so that I can keep using MS VBO actions on it. I've tried to use the "attach" VBO, but it doesn't recognize that an instance is currently running so it starts a new one. When I get to "Show workbook" it just shows a blank excel from the newly created instance, and the rest of the VBO actions perform on this excel instead of the workbook I opened with my newly created object.

So this leaves me with two questions:

1) Is there a way for me to use the "Open Workbook" VBO action and have it input my credentials in the pop up? I've read through a few posts on here and in one instance someone suggested adjusting the code in the open workbook VBO, but this was for a password protected workbook. I figure that is a pretty standard excel feature, and I don't think the code would apply for this HFM addin.

2) If I can't solve question 1, then how do I attach the workbook that I opened with my object so that I can manipulate it using the standard VBO actions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Matthew

Matthew Black

I just wanted to follow up to see if anyone has any input on this? I have to complete this process this week and this pop up is really throwing me off. Does anyone know how I can get around the sign in window that pops up during the code stage in "Open Workbook"?