Object cloning and Manage windows control not working when vm is disconnected

Sathish183

Hi,

object cloning and Manage windows control not working when Vm is disconnected.
It is working fine when the vm is open and failing when vm is locked or disconneted.
it also failing when Bot is locked or disconnected during the scheduled Run time

pravinpatilcse

Why your machine get lock when bot is running?
If it's get lock because of no moment on screen for long time then you have to use Keepalive.vbs.

ivan.gordeyev

It might help if you quote the method of remote connection you are using.
I assume that you are using standard Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP).

This type of failure is very common and can happen even if you minimize the window.
For simplicity, Windows does not keep GUI on a virtual machine.

There are two references that might help:

https://support.smartbear.com/testc...with/running/via-rdp/in-minimized-window.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-it-is-running-in-minimized?forum=winserverTS

"On your local computer, close all open Remote Desktop sessions.
  1. Launch the Registry editor (regedit.exe).
  2. Navigate to one of the following Registry keys, depending on whether you wish to modify the Remote Desktop settings only for the current user or for all users on the computer:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
  3. Create a DWORD value named RemoteDesktop_SuppressWhenMinimized and set it to 2:

4. Close the Registry Editor.
Now when you minimize the Remote Desktop Connection window on your computer, this will not affect the remote computer’s GUI and the GUI will be available to your automated tests."

Thank you Smart Bear.

Sathish183

Thanks for reply.
I can use the above points when i trigger the Bot manually by logging into virtual machine.
In my case I am scheduling the Bot from control room.So I am not opening the virtual machine.
Bot is getting triggered.However both object cloning and manage windows control are failing

Sathish183

Also,Please note that AA client is installed inside the Citrix virtual machine.Do we need any different approach to run as Scheduled Bot without opening the virtual machine