MS Outlook VBO works in dev, but doesn't work in PROD (Runtime) machine

rcdouglas

Hello all,

I have a machine to develop Blue prism workflow and for this one when I run MS Outlook VBO to send e-mail, it works sucessfully.
However, when I run the same code stage in the Runtime machine, it doesn't work. It says "Could not run the object because one of the code stages has a compile error, use Check for Errors for a list of problems".

The dev machine is a Windows 10 and the Runtime is a Windows server. Not sure if this could be a problem. I don't think this is something related to the data that I'm providing to action (as one machine works and another one don't).

Please, has anybody faced this kind of problem before?

Thanks guys!

Douglas

Sachin_Kharmale

Hi,

Go to your object and check for errors.

Problem may be you are missing DLL refference to the object

Or name space error first resolve error on production machine

Hope it will help you

rcdouglas

Hi,

Go to your object and check for errors.

Problem may be you are missing DLL refference to the object

Or name space error first resolve error on production machine

Hope it will help you

Hey Sachin,
I didn 't notice that the message was talking about object. I was checking errors at process level :S
Thanks for pointing me it out.

I just saw the object mentions about the below error. The interesting thing is that I could see this dll available in Windows folder. How couldn't Blue Prism find it? That's weird.

Page: Initialise
Stage: Stage1
Type: Error
Action: Validate
Description: Compiler error at top section line -6: could not find library 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll'
Repairable: No

rcdouglas

Hi all,
The 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll' was missing in Blue Prism folder (C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate). After copying this dll in the folder, the Send Email action worked properly.

Note: Actually, after that, when running Send Email action, there was this pop-up message asking for permission to send the email, but it could be solved by following below steps:
----------------------------------------------------------
View security settings in the Trust Center
The Programmatic Access security settings in the Trust Center provide the following options:
  • Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended) This is the default setting in Outlook. Suspicious activity refers to an untrusted program that is trying to access Outlook.
  • Always warn me about suspicious activity This is the most secure setting and you’l always be prompted to make a trust decision when a program attempts to access Outlook.
  • Never warn me about suspicious activity (not recommended) This is the least secure setting.
To view these settings, do the following:
  1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Options.
  3. Click Trust Center.
  4. Click Trust Center Settings.
  5. Click Programmatic Access.
----------------------------------------------------------