Issue in closing SAP Application

f04959c

Hi All,

I have a process that works about 24 hours a day. This bot extract a lot of files from SAP, manipulate them and save it in to a specific folder.

If bot is not able to extract the file from SAP, close and reopen again SAP application and trying to export file again. If the bot is not able to export file after 3 times, that file will be set that file as exception.

My issue is related to SAP reopen phases.

As you can see in the attached below, a lot of instance of SAP remain open and going to saturet the memory of machine.

View attachment Capture.PNG

I have already tried to use:
Business Object: Utility - Garbage Collection Action: Call Garbage Collector, but it
but it not fix the issue.

Does anyone have an idea on how fix this issue?

Thanks
Ciao
Ale

f04959c

Hi Gil Silva,

I'm alredy using it.

I'm using 2 action to close SAP:

1. Using the Action Terminate.

View attachment Terminate.PNG

2. Using action Kill

View attachment Kill.PNG

If the bot is not able to download files from SAP, the application will be terminate, but if it is not possible to export files after 3 tentative the application will be killed.

In any case, before to open the application again the bot execute action Garbage Collector to remove the instance hanging

Thanks
Ale

Did you check in the task manager if the sap process is really running?
Same happens to me that I can see on the screenshot. But for me it's just icons that disappear when i hover mouse over it and oc there are no sap processes opened. It's just a visual thing window didn't solve.

If you actually do have more processes in the task manager and BP cannot close it... other person on the BP resource server could be using it (bp kill doesn't kill other people's processes)

Sachin_Kharmale

When you again launch SAP application to downloading new files.
check SAP process
(saplogon) is running or not if its running then try to kill process. and again check there is saplogon is running or not .
when there is no saplogon process running in windows then launch your sap application from blue prism to download new data.

i hope it will help you ..!