Is a wait stage with multiple actions sequential?

mbailey

Hi,

I'm using Blue Prism with an application that has separate Development, QA, and Production environments. The different environments are of the same version and appear visually identical but sometimes produce different identifiers when spied in Application Manager. We handle this by spying the objects in each of the environments and, when difference are found, we add multiple actions to the wait stage that detects the existence of the object (i.e., if all three environments produce different identifiers for the same window, the wait stage has three actions to wait for each of the window identifiers). Only one version of the window will actually appear and, if we need to interact with objects on the window that also have different identifiers, we have three functionally identical code paths that merge back together when the interaction reaches an object that has the same identifier in the different environments.

What I want to know is whether Blue Prism waits for the different actions sequentially (wait for action 1 and, if the object does not appear, wait for action 2 and, if the object does not appear, wait for action 3) or simultaneously (wait for any of the three objects to appear, regardless of the order of the action). If the wait is simultaneous, I don't need to worry about the order of the actions but, if it is sequential, I should ensure that the Production action always appears first for performance reasons.

Thanks,
Michael Bailey

Glad you asked, tricky one, my answer :

Wait stage with multiple conditions is sequential.
Example, if you put 5 wait conditions, such as A, B, C, D and E, then wait stage works as below
Check if A has appeared, if not
then checks if B has appeared etc., until E
if E has not appeared, then it checks if time out reached.
If time out has not reached, it follows the above sequence again, i.e., from A till E then Timeout.
Hence, it will be correct to say that Wait Stage functions in same way as that of Choice Stage, i.e., sequential.

Regards
ElGuapo

krihna

Hi, i have a scenario , i need your suggestion here, that i have a wait stage with conditions A and B Belongs an element, if the element displays one time it is working fine,but element displays twice on page its throwing exception. i want to execute this element twice. how to do?

Hey, this is based on what you configure for what situation(s).
If there is a situation where the element displays once and in another it displays twice, then you need to build it for both situations.
If usually it displays only once, the build it for that and then make provision where if it fails 3 times, check if 2 displays are coming up.
Its called error handling and anticipating all scenarios and making provision is very important

Regards
ElGuapo