Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field Name

mansi.setia4

I am working on blue prism to 'Get the collection' or import excel and it is not working and showing error Internal : "Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field"

VJR

Hi mansi.setia4,

I assume you are using 'Get Worksheet as collection'. When you use this you should not be defining any columns or fields in the output collection. In the output parameter of this action simply give the name of an empty collection that must be present in your diagram. This collection should not have any fields defined in it because the 'Get Worksheet as collection' will automatically create the fields/columns based on the Excel sheet.
If you are still facing any issues post back with some screenshots.

DilliPrasad

I have got the same error "Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field Grade" but when I removed the column names from collection it is showing this error "Internal : Can't compare Text" This is showing in choice Stage. This is my choice stage

View attachment 1553062153671.png

Andrew.Herrmann

I'm having the same issue. I can successfully read a Excel file into memory. I then have a parser process that I pass the resulting collection to. When passing the collection blue prism claims (within the subprocess) that the collection definition does not contain a specified field. I can see that it does in my main process. Is there a way to step into a subprocess for debugging purposes?

Hi mansi.setia4,

I assume you are using 'Get Worksheet as collection'. When you use this you should not be defining any columns or fields in the output collection. In the output parameter of this action simply give the name of an empty collection that must be present in your diagram. This collection should not have any fields defined in it because the 'Get Worksheet as collection' will automatically create the fields/columns based on the Excel sheet.
If you are still facing any issues post back with some screenshots.
thank you it solved my issue

divyavh

"Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field NAME"
I am getting this error.

Pete_L

The Excel input file likely contains one or more blank/empty columns directly to the right of the last column that contains data. As a test, delete columns to the right of the last populated column, and save the Excel file. Then, try running your process again to see if it works. If so, you've found the root cause of the issue, and you must identify and resolve why it is happening. Is the input Excel file generated by some upstream manual or automated process that can be the cause of the empty columns? If you cannot find the cause and must continue to use the input file as is, you must predefine the column names in the collection in order for it to work.