How to Trigger a Process while a mail arrives?

VJR

Dear all,

This post has already reached its third page, just by posting the email addresses.
You might want to avoid posting your email address to stop getting spammed.
You can very well send a private message to @tgundhus who I hope is sharing the video link after seeing your email addresses here :).

Also refer the instructions laid down in this same thread by @Khushbu in post #23 here.

shubhi

Create a rule to start an application when an email is received. You can then start the process by using "automate.exe" command line, triggering a schedule or running the process directly, e.x. "Automate.exe /run Process1 /sso"

If you use outlook 2016, you will need to enable UnsafeClientMailRules to get the "start an application" option.
You can do this by going into regedit, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security", create a new DWORD named "EnableUnsafeClientMailRules" and set it's value to "1".

Good luck, let me know if there are any issues :)
Can you also share the video with me? My mail id: shubhi.saxena.del@gmail.com

Steps To Trigger a process when mail arrives having specific keywords :

1. Create a new Rule in Outlook as ‘Run a process’ if Email having specific keywords(any specific criteria) is received. For Outlook 2016 rule ‘Run a process’ is not present in Rule wizard. Follow below steps to add rule ‘Run a Process’:
  • a. Click Start -> Search, type ‘regedit’ (Note: there is no quotation marks in the command.) and press Enter.
  • b. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security.
  • c Right-click a blank area, create a new DWORD Value named as ‘EnableUnsafeClientMailRules’ and set it to 1.
2. Create .bat Process file (to run through outlook Rule) having below commands:

c:\
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate
.\AutomateC.exe /user <Blue Prism Username> <Password> /run <Process name>

Details:
<Blue Prism Username>: Provide user name of Blue prism
<Password>: Provide Password of Blue prism
<Process name>: Process name to trigger

NOTE: Blue prism must be running and Process must be published to Control Room.

Hope this will help.

This is excellent - many thanks, Khushbu.

One question: When you say "if Email having specific keywords (any specific criteria) is received", I believe I understand what you mean when you say "specific keywords". But I don't understand where those specific keywords are to be located. Are those keywords supposed to be contained in the Subject Line of the email? The Body of the email? Both of those places? Either of those places?

Also: I take it that you mean the <Process name> that is to be used in the email to trigger the process must match the name of the process - exactly. In other words, if the email was intended to trigger <Process name>, but was sent with the keyword as "Processname" or "process Name" or "Process_name" in it, the match would not be exact and the process would not be called. So if you want to trigger a process called <Process name>, you must include "Process name" in the email - is that right?

Thanks in advance.

nizamudink

Hi,

Assume that i have created rule in outlook and if email arrives, then it will trigger the batch file, which internally calls the BP Process. in this scenario if the BP resource's are busy (even using resource pool concept), then the BP process will not be triggered as expected. how to handle this case to retry to call BP process?

Thanks in advance

sheel

This is excellent - many thanks, Khushbu.

One question: When you say "if Email having specific keywords (any specific criteria) is received", I believe I understand what you mean when you say "specific keywords". But I don't understand where those specific keywords are to be located. Are those keywords supposed to be contained in the Subject Line of the email? The Body of the email? Both of those places? Either of those places?

Also: I take it that you mean the <Process name> that is to be used in the email to trigger the process must match the name of the process - exactly. In other words, if the email was intended to trigger <Process name>, but was sent with the keyword as "Processname" or "process Name" or "Process_name" in it, the match would not be exact and the process would not be called. So if you want to trigger a process called <Process name>, you must include "Process name" in the email - is that right?

Thanks in advance.
Hi ,
specific keywords mean you have to decide fix subject line or body so outlook VBA scripts understand which process should be triggered.Define process names in VBA scripts under outlook developer mode and this scripts should be added with outlook mail rules.Ideally when mail come your process should be added into work queue and work queue should all process all your sub process

Thanks
Sheel