Solved How to select a radio button from a specific value

manik-sharma

Hi,

I am very new to BluePrism, and I have came across a problem.

So, I am automating one process of a Web Based Application. I am halfway through and now I am stuck.
I'll explain where I am stuck:

I upload an XML file to the Web Page and after uploading, "I am presented with a bunch of already existing XML files, so now I have to find the XML File that I just uploaded to the web page, I generally do it manually with Ctrl+F, and then I select the Radio Button right next to the XML file and then I click on a button 'Process File'."

I am stuck here:
"I am presented with a bunch of already existing XML files, so now I have to find the XML File that I just uploaded to the web page, I generally do it manually with Ctrl+F, and then I select the Radio Button right next to the XML file and then I click on a button 'Process File'."

Below is the screenshot of the page where I am stuck.

I spied the table and exported the data into a collection, now the problem is that the Column names don't get exported to the collection, I have tried spying from different angles and position but no luck.

Also, I tried renaming the Collection, Inserted the Column names but no luck as the Radio Button Row Does not have a column name. Any sort of help is welcomed.

Attachments

• Filename.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 23

sahil_raina_91

Idea :
Read the PATH of filename, update the PATH to match Radio Button PATH.
Use updated PATH to play around with Radio Button

Approach:
You need to create 2 element's in Modeller:
1) Element having nothing else but just PATH attribute selected and set to Dynamic (Lets call it X)
2) Element for Filename where value/name will be set to Dynamic (Lets call it Y)

Y will use the current filename(as Params) to identify the exact HTML element on webpage.
Read the HTML PATH of Y.

Update the PATH extracted to match the PATH of the Radio button.
Pass this newly updated PATH(as Params) into X, and perform click action.

manik-sharma

Hi,

Your Idea worked like a charm except getting the path, I just set the Value of the Radio Button to be Dynamic and passed the filename for the XML file as a parameter at runtime and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much Sahil.