- First use the 'Select' action to select a row at the place where you want to insert.
For eg; If you want to insert at the 3rd row then in the 'Cell Reference' parameter provide as "3:3".
If for blank rows between 3 to 5 then "3:5"
- Then use the 'Insert' action with 'Shift' parameter as "Up".
I need one help.
I have large data in excel.Total column A to z with data and total row is 15.
My requirement is insert the column in between particular column with title name. For example column V name as "percentage" before percentage I need to insert one column but i did hard code, my manager said don't do hard code use some logic to get result.
Please help me for this.
Hi All!!Hope you are doing good. I am trying to insert dynamic rows to excel. But sometimes i am getting error.
I have a excel file with two sheets. I have to filter for specific record from the Sheet1, check for duplicates and I have to paste in sheet2. The second sheet(Sheet2) has 36 different sub tables with diff number of rows and column. In each table I have to paste values( which I filtered from Sheet1).
In certain cases, during run time I have to insert additional rows to the tables in Sheet2. So i am using the action select and insert.
2. Open Workbook
3. Get worksheet has collection (Sheet1) - Collection1
4. Filter for specific criteria and save it to a final Collection. So I have got 36 collections to paste it in 36 tables in Sheet2.
5. Get Worksheet has collection (sheet2)-Collection 2
6. Looping the collection 2 to get the row number of Table 1 & Table 2 so I have the counter values which specifies the exact starting row number for table 1 & table 2. with these counters i can get the row difference. saving the row difference between table 1 & Table 2 in a data item (RowDiff)
7. Logic used: if collection1 rows are empty no need to write values, if collection1 has values then get number of rows to paste & check whether need to insert additional rows.
8. If collection2 has got less rows and if I want to insert rows i am actually getting the number of rows to add and trying to select the cell and using Insert action. For eg: The starting cell of table1 & 2 is 8 & 28. Row diff is 20, i need to write collection with 30 rows so i have to insert ten extra rows. I am trying to select the number of rows to insert extra rows. using activate worksheet>>Select (Specifying cell refence as 27:37)>> Insert (tried using "Shift Up" & Entire Row">> write collection (specifying cell reference as A8"
The challenge here is between table1 and table 2 there is a comment section row which is a merged row. So sometimes my insert option works and sometimes its not working and I am getting the below error
Exception : Failed to delete selection: This selection isn't valid. Make sure the copy and paste areas don't overlap unless they are the same size and shape.
I have attached the screenshot of the excel which exactly looks like the one i am working. And also the screenshot of the stages.
Counter 2 - Starting cell of Table1
Counter 3: Starting cell of Table 2.