Solved How to drag and drop?

RiojaAlberto

Hello to everyone.

This time I ask for your help to do a Drag and Drop sequence on Blue Prism.
We are trying to take a file form a local/remote folder to a web/SAP application using the sequence mentioned before.

Is it possible? And how?

cs.andras

Hi @RiojaAlberto ,
Actually it should be pretty easy within a single screen, however I kind of doubt it that it would allow you to do it "out of application". But you could try detecting the proper coordinates where to let go (drop) of the item that you grabbed (drag).
The stage is Navigate and it looks more or less like this:
nav_drndr.png

Hi @RiojaAlberto

An easy way of dragging and dropping an element is using the region mode.
I tried to drag and drop the 1st Google tab to the other one like as in the attached image. To do that I spied the element using region mode, and used the "Start Drag" and "Drop onto" Action in the Navigate stage. That successfully worked.
I am attaching screenshots for help. Let me know if that helped.

Attachments

• drag and drop using navigate stage.PNG
    drag and drop using navigate stage.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 726
  • google.PNG
    google.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 634
  • Object structure.PNG
    Object structure.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 653
  • Region mode spy.PNG
    Region mode spy.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 619
Hi @RiojaAlberto

It does not necessarily need to be an image. Using region mode you can drag drop anything from the page. It could be a link, an image, a file, etc. Please make sure that you are spying using the region mode properly.

RiojaAlberto

Thanks to both of you.

We solved the situation by spying the Windows Explorer elements and guessing (by trial and error) the coordinates of each object to manipulate.

I hope this may be useful to someone in the future :)

Hasipri

Thanks to both of you.

We solved the situation by spying the Windows Explorer elements and guessing (by trial and error) the coordinates of each object to manipulate.

I hope this may be useful to someone in the future :)
Any advice on how to find the coordinates? :)

Hasipri

Hi @RiojaAlberto ,
Actually it should be pretty easy within a single screen, however I kind of doubt it that it would allow you to do it "out of application". But you could try detecting the proper coordinates where to let go (drop) of the item that you grabbed (drag).
View attachment 137
Any advice to find the proper coordinates? Thanks in advance :D

Harshad.Patel

Hi All,

In one of my project file need to be attached to one form using drag and drop function. Is there any way we can move file from one location to another in Blue Prism using drag and drop function?

Thanks In Advance..

Kswd_b3

Hi @RiojaAlberto ,
View attachment 137
Hi
I am also trying to drag and drop in Navigate Stage, but do not know how i set the x and y number. How do I know where x and y are at? Is there any features to get the number of x and y in BP?