Help with automating a javascript login screen

Hanseat

Hello All,

I'm trying to automate an incorta login screen, but it is a javascript application using Chrome (incorta does not support IE):

YGeHQmABTv65cbX0a854_temp-T.jpg

Using a write stage populates the fields just fine, but my issue is the "Sign In" button. In order for the button go become active, it requires. what I've read, is a javascript callback" action. This action is a physical keystroke in the Password field. I've also read that the write stage output is not recognized as a physical keystrokes. I've tried every technique I could think of, and some new ones I've discovered with no results. These include Send Key Events to the Window, Window Press Keys to the Window, Global Send Keys (tab) to the Password field, all sorts of combinations of Focus, Click, Select, Verify, etc. I've also seen suggestions of a combination of Insert Javascript Fragment/Invoke Javascript Function, but there's never enough detail to explain how this actually works. If anyone has some insight, it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to develop a prototype that shows how RPA can drive a Business Intelligence analytics discovery session. Thanks ... Pete

gil.silva

Hello Hanseat,

You should be able to do it using Global Send Keys (in the correct way)
Use a Navigate stage with the following actions:
1. Activate Application -> with a spied Win32 element of the browser Window
2. Focus -> with the spied HTML element of the input box Password
3. Send Global Keys -> with the ROOT element of your application modeller (input: [password] & "~")
Note: ~ is the keystroke equivalent to ENTER key

Let me know if it works for you.