Global send keys ALT + F4 to close

waziaks

Hi There,

I am stuck in a situation where I have to press ALT + F4 to close the application using blue prism. I am trying global send keys event and able to press ALT "<{ALT}>{ALT}". However, unable to figure out how to press F4 using global send keys event.

Need to press ALT+ F4 by Global send keys event.

Please help in this on an urgent basis.

Thanks

budziakkamil

Hi There,

I am stuck in a situation where I have to press ALT + F4 to close the application using blue prism. I am trying global send keys event and able to press ALT "<{ALT}>{ALT}". However, unable to figure out how to press F4 using global send keys event.

Thanks

Try to prepare 3 separate extions:
<{ALT}
{F4}
>{ALT}

Best,
Kam

Arun26

Hi There,

Thanks
Hi Waziaks,
You need to perform below key strokes in Global send key events action..
“<{ALT}{F4}>{ALT}”.
All special characters must be denoted with in “{}”..

Last edited:

Cristine014

If you are using IBM PCOMM application you can use navigate stage and events:
“<{ALT}{pf4}>{ALT}”

But if its normal web based application you can omit the “P” in “pf4”. :) hope it helps.

gil.silva

Hi,
Global Send Key events should ONLY be used if any other option works, since it is a lower-level interface that mimics keyboard keystrokes in the operating system.
If you want to close an application, I suggest you use the action "Kill Process" from Utility - Environment, where you have as input the process name that you want to close.
If for some reason this option doesn't work, you can use Global Send Keys, with the text: "^{F4}"

Then, as the last resource, the option that you mentioned, Global Send Keys Event, in the format that @Cristine014 described.