Get XML sent to WebService

wildCat

Hi Everyone,

does any of you know, how to get xml request, which is sent by BluePrism to connected external WebService?
Unfortunately we are receving an error wich is probably coused related to wrong/missing paramters in XML file.

I appreciate any bit of advice,

Many thank in advance,
Best.
w

sivagelli

Hi Everyone,

does any of you know, how to get xml request, which is sent by BluePrism to connected external WebService?
Unfortunately we are receving an error wich is probably coused related to wrong/missing paramters in XML file.

I appreciate any bit of advice,

Many thank in advance,
Best.
w
Are you trying to make a call to the external web service from Blue Prism? If yes, have you registered your web service wsdl in Blue Prism?

wildCat

Webservice is added to the BP and I see functions as object actions. Some of actions work other don't, we check the webservice logs to see XML which was sent and some mandatory parameters were empty... If we would know, what exactly BP sent will help us create proper input for WS.

sivagelli

I see it now. I am not sure if there will is an option to edit your xml request before making a call to the object (operation) thru Blue Prism. Looking thru BP logs in studio, BP does not expose the Web Service request that is used.

As a workaround, i would get the request xml for the operation that is not working from the concerned team and build 'HTTP request' from Utility - HTTP vbo. This way i would have better control on the requests. Basically, soap requests are xml requests over http layer.

@anisjolly @adebroise weigh your thoughts.

wildCat

Hi @sivagelli

I'm coming back after while I wasn't able to use HTTP request object to send request to WebService.
I have tried GET and POST method but unsuccessful...

I think the issue is I'm calling the WSDL file and haven't found any simple example how to send request to it.
Probably it should be a SOAP request, but I do't know how to set connection to it and how to use the proper action from the webservice.

Maybe some of you have a simple example consuming WSDL in C# or VB?

Best,
w

sivagelli

hello @wildCat

Can you share a screenshot of the process you tried?

I successfully used HTTP VBO with 'HTTP Request' action to perform 'Get' operation of a SOAP request.
In the 'http request', pass the endpoint url in 'Address url' and have the request xml placed in a data item and pass this data item for the 'Body'. Pass the corresponding value for 'Method' based on the request type, either Get or Post. If you are using proxy, pass the Proxy as True or else False.
For 'Content Type' pass 'text/xml' and for 'accept' pass "*/*". Like wise you have to feed other inputs if the soap request needs.

Post back how it goes.

wildCat

Hi all,
thanks for your help in this topic.

The main point in our issue was, that we have had sent requests to the wrong endpoint, which was provided by the busniess.
Using Fiddler and SOAP UI we were able to get it right.

Topic can be mark as solved.