Get Excel to Collection Error

Stephen Jones

I would say that you should put a pause in-between your open workbook and get worksheet as a collection. The fact that it only happens when running in the control room is a big clue.

There is a 1 second gap between opening the workbook and getting the worksheet as a collection, it may be that on the odd occasion the excel workbook has not opened before you attempt the collection part.

Laura Pilar

I would say that you should put a pause in-between your open workbook and get worksheet as a collection. The fact that it only happens when running in the control room is a big clue.

There is a 1 second gap between opening the workbook and getting the worksheet as a collection, it may be that on the odd occasion the excel workbook has not opened before you attempt the collection part.
I have put a Wait Stage before the Code Stage that participate in this workflow and the error continue, but I am going to put the wait after the open workbook action, maybe it is the solution!

Thanks!

Laura Pilar

With this solution the error continue... It is very strange...

Thank you so much!

VJR

I have put a Wait Stage before the Code Stage that participate in this workflow and the error continue, but I am going to put the wait after the open workbook action, maybe it is the solution!

Thanks!
Hi Laura,

I had suggested to apply Wait stages at all the appropriate places a few posts ago. Looks like it wasn't done at all necessary places. So that is something to be taken care of since Blue Prism itself highly recommends the use of Wait stages and it resolves most of the issues.

"The error is in one og the code stage that participate in Get Woksheet as Collection action that VBO Excel has, but it is difficult to identify in what code stage fails because there are 3 or 4... "
Can you tell what do you imply by 3 or 4. Are there 3 or 4 errors or what exactly. It can't be 3 or 4 Code stages, since there is only 1 code stage for 'Get Worksheet as Collection'.

Secondly, you mentioned "Sheet contains always the same type of information wih the same format "
The type and format could be same, but is the actual data too always same that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Is there something wrong going on with the input data passed.

Last edited:

Bodea Tudor

With this solution the error continue... It is very strange...

Thank you so much!
Hello Laura

I am encountering exactly the same issue like presented by you

Did you find any solution to this

It;s very strange that this happens very randomly and only when running in control room

I have also added wait stages but the issue persists

Thank you

Tudor

Laura Pilar

Hello Laura

I am encountering exactly the same issue like presented by you

Did you find any solution to this

It;s very strange that this happens very randomly and only when running in control room

I have also added wait stages but the issue persists

Thank you

Tudor

HEllo!,

Unfortunately, the error continuos. I don't know what else I can do.
If I get a solution or workaround, I won't hesisate to tell you.

Thanks,

Laura.

Mikendersen

Hi Laura and Bodea

I have same problem as you guys and will watch this thread closely.

Should I find a solution I will post it here.

Thanks
Mik

pdyna

I faced the exact same issue "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s" while doing a get worksheet as collection offset and the issue occurred only when I was running the process from control room or in fast mode.

The solution that worked for me is that I added a Utility General - Sleep action just before the Get worksheet as collection offset action and added some 10 seconds sleep time. With this I no longer face the issue.

Hope this helps :)

Rogério

[QUOTE = "pdyna, post: 23507, membro: 6832"] Eu enfrentei exatamente o mesmo problema "Não foi possível executar o estágio de código porque a exceção lançada pelo estágio de código: o valor não pode ser nulo. Nome do parâmetro: s" ao fazer uma planilha de obtenção como deslocamento de coleta e o problema ocorreu apenas quando eu estava executando o processo da sala de controle ou no modo rápido.

A solução que funcionou para mim é que eu adicionei uma ação Utility General - Sleep logo antes da planilha Get como ação de deslocamento de coleção e adicionei cerca de 10 segundos de sleep time. Com isso, não enfrento mais o problema.

Espero que isso ajude :)[/ CITAÇÕES]
Olá estou passando pela mesma situação, mas não faz sentido, pois ate mesmo debugando o processo esse erro aparece, se fosse uma problema de aguardar o inicio do estagio, antes não funcionaria, e o mesmo funcionava normalmente, somente agora começou a gerar esse erro.

ManuRPA007

Hi Guys, Even I am facing the same error - Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value cannot be null. Name of the parameter: s

I think the issue is because there are more number of rows. I might be wrong. There are more than 1.5 Lcs row in it.
The error is occurring only at Get Worksheet As Collection Offset stage and it is happening in Process studio itself.

thanks
Manohar